Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Sep 8, 2016 7:48 PM

iPhone 7 Pre-Order - Unlimited Plan

I'm out of the country and I'm a bit confused to what my options are regarding iPhone 7 preorders. I'm currently on an iPhone 6 and vaguely remember that I couldn't pre-order my phone thought apple since they weren't renewing AT&T plans but only offering AT&T next and apple upgrade program. I had to get my phone through AT&T to renew my grandfathered unlimited plan and offer a subsidized iPhone 6. Does anyone know if that is still the case or if AT&T even still renewing grandfathered unlimited plans?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.2K Messages

4 years ago

Hello @LouRG123

You can keep your grandfathered plan, just make sure to skip any "new plan" selections during your upgrade process and review your order summary carefully to ensure your current plan stays the same before submitting.

I don't know if you can do that on Apple's site, but you can definitely keep it on att.com/wireless or if upgrading in store.

AT&T doesn't offer subsidized upgrades anymore however, you will need to use a AT&T Next upgrade program, which might be cheaper with newer mobile plans, you'll be able to compare during your order.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

i m eligible for upgrade on September 12th,my plan is 2 years agreement with unlimited data, can I keep my plan when I upgrade to the iPhone 7 ? I don't want Next plan !

thanks

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

4 years ago

Yes you can keep your unlimited data plan. There are no 2 year contract discounts anymore so your only options are pay full price upfront or in installments (Next). 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

That sucks ! I wish they keep the 2 year contract discount .

based on Att.com I m now eligible for Next plan but my 2 years contract ends on September 12th, can I still upgrade to next  or I should wait for my 2 year contract expiration?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I was ready to preorder but my usual upgrade pricing didn't come up an an option. Anyone else have the same issue. I used it last year for an upgrade on one of my lines. If its still an option why doesn't it show up for online ordering?

Breetel03

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

I just pre-ordered my Iphone, however, in the confirmation screen (not in email, havent recieved an email yet) it said all your devices mobile share plans will go into effect within 48 hours of your order shipping. However, I carefully reviewed my order and did not have any changes to my plan or data plan selected, is this just a generalized message. Did anyone else have this?

berger1

Scholar

• 

83 Messages

4 years ago

me. freaking out
Breetel03

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Same here, however, if you also did not change your plan perhaps this is just a general message

berger1

Scholar

• 

83 Messages

4 years ago

think it's an error. waiting for an expert to chime in
Breetel03

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Hopefully one chimes in soon. I really wish there was a number I could just call now to get an answer. 

berger1

Scholar

• 

83 Messages

4 years ago

I spoke with CS on chat. they said plan will stay the same
ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.2K Messages

4 years ago

@berger1 @Breetel03

Hi guys, it sounds like a generic message, but we'll be happy to check for you! Please send us a private message by clicking here (you will need to log back into the Forums, please don't reply to a forums notification email this post generates). Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Please don't worry, our team will make sure your plan is correct.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Breetel03

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Oh Thank God

Breetel03

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Perfect!!1 Thank You

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I kind of like the Appl iPhone Upgrade program. I am still grandfathered in & wonder if I order online through Apple, would that discontinue my grandfathered Unlimited Data Plan? If so, I was planning to put nephews # for an Apple iPhone Upgrade program since his # is not grandfathered in. Then we would switch phones, since I pay for all the phone bills at home. Any thoughts on whether my grandfather plan will be discontinued if I enrolled my # under the Apple iPhone Program?

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…