Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.
fodderless

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Sep 9, 2016 11:41 AM

iPhone 7 Plus Shipping Dates

I ordered an iPhone 7 Plus 128gb jet black right when they were available at 3am. Shipping date said September but after I checked out it said October 21. The representative on the phone 2 days ago told me it would be at my house on release day, September 16.

Is this normal for the shipping date to be messed up? Did this happen to anyone else? I just got off the phone with a representative and she couldn't tell me anything.

I also haven't received an email confirmation yet.

Responses

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

FilyPhanatic - when did you order yours? I ordered mine on 09/09/16 around 7:15AM EST and it still says "preparing to ship". My estimated ship dates are: September 23, 2016 - September 30, 2016.

Candi3

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

Since you ordered through AT&T they only offer Priority shipping which is 2-day mail and they should have given you the option of the carrier that you wanted to ship your IP7. So it will not extend out 5-6 business days. You may even get your phone on release date. It all depends on what your status states.

Candi3

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

@thisoneisa I ordered mines before you ( 5:07am on 9/9/2016 *my birthday*) and I have ship dates of 10/27-11/03 and my state shows "Preparing for Shipment" as well.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Hi, 

I placed my order for a 128gb matte black iPhone 7.  Order status shows as "back ordered" but "Delivery by date" shows September 16, 2016.  

Any insight on which might be correct and if I can expect the phone on Friday?

PRChic81

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

4 years ago

You processed your order through Apple?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

No through AT&T

tony316

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

4 years ago

Right now thw AT&T site is down due to maintainence.

PRChic81

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

4 years ago

@baesq1985 That is interesting I have not seen anyone with a "Backordered" status and "Delivery By Date" of 09/16. AT&T orders are normally showing date ranges for most people, like my order below.Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 9.32.31 AM.png

tony316

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

4 years ago

Ordered @ 12:05 

7P Jet Black 128GB 10/14-10/21

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I am getting error when trying to log in to the myatt app or website. Is everyone's most current status "preparing for shipment"
mulebreath

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

4 years ago

Wrong att shipped my 6s plus next day through FedEx and my wifes through UPS both overnight and that's for all our previous iPhones 

PRChic81

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

4 years ago

@Mp46241 I just logged in and it still shows Preparing for Shipment.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

It's really weird since the two sort of cancel each other out. 

iphone.JPG

fidophone

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

I ordered my phone within an hour of opening on 9/9.

I ordered a 7 plus, 256GB, black.

I show a shipping range of 9/23-30.

Which is similar to the message I got when I ordered my 6 plus on the first hour of pre orders. 

I got that phone in December.

My advice to anyone is to lower your expectations of actually receiving a phone from AT&T anytime soon.  You'll watch people walking into stores get them, you'll watch other carriers customers get them, and you'll get no information, updates, or service from AT&T.

PRChic81

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

4 years ago

@baesq1985 I see that you ordered the 4.7" iPhone7, not a plus.  Although it says "Back ordered", the fact that they are giving you a delivery date of 09/16/16... I would feel confident in that date.  

You could also go a step further (tomorrow or thursday) and try to see if a tracking number has been assigned.  Through UPS this has worked for me in the past, even before receiving tracking information from ATT or Apple using the link below.

UPS Track by Reference

You navigate to "Track by Reference"

Shipment Reference: Plug in your cell phone number with area code (no dashes) ex. 1234567890

Destination Country: United States

Destination Zip Code: Your Zip Code

and click track.