Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.
fodderless

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Sep 9, 2016 11:41 AM

iPhone 7 Plus Shipping Dates

I ordered an iPhone 7 Plus 128gb jet black right when they were available at 3am. Shipping date said September but after I checked out it said October 21. The representative on the phone 2 days ago told me it would be at my house on release day, September 16.

Is this normal for the shipping date to be messed up? Did this happen to anyone else? I just got off the phone with a representative and she couldn't tell me anything.

I also haven't received an email confirmation yet.

Responses

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I tried that just now and they canceled my order and tell me they can't reorder my phone for me. 😡😡😡😡😡
lgpagan

Mentor

• 

55 Messages

4 years ago

I ordered mine at 9am on 9/9/16, got confirmation on 9/10/16 at 11am. Stating I ordered it on Saturday instead of Friday. Date of delivery according to email, Oct 24-Nov 4. What????? Called At&t, lady stated that they give a date that is extreme, just to cover themselves. But not to worry, might be here on Friday the 16th.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

@lgpagan what is the current status of your order? In progress or preparing for shipment?
lgpagan

Mentor

• 

55 Messages

4 years ago

preparing for shipment.
Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

4 years ago

, my shipping dates are the same as yours. I ordered mine on 9/9 @ 2:14 pm at the AT&T store. I'm on the East Coast. Shipping dates October 24-November 4. I ordered the iPhone 7 Plus, 256GB, Jet Black. The salesman told me those dates are a just-in-case so we don't hold AT&T responsible. Lol. He said I'll probably get it this Friday. But if it's later, fine. I have a phone that works so I won't be without a phone. When I receive the 7, then I put this phone in the box with the provided shipping label and mail it back. And it says "preparing to ship" on my status.
lgpagan

Mentor

• 

55 Messages

4 years ago

either way we still get a phone

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Let's hope so for the 16th

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

4 years ago

@Anonymous I ordered the exact same phone as you did, but at 2:47AM eastern standard the morning of the launch (about 15 minutes before the pre-orders was set to begin) and got a September 30-October 7 shipping window. Under my online order status it currently says "preparing for shipment." That means that set of dates is the one that will definitely arrive on launch day, based on previous years. You should check the order status to see what it says. Chances are since our phones are the same configuration, but mine has an earlier shipping date, and I ordered mine several hours before you did, you might not get it on launch day. However, it will almost definitely arrive well before the dates listed in your email confirmation.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

AT&T is updating the order status page on their site right now. The updated shipping info will probably be up soon. Good luck to all of you!

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Just as I said above, they updated shipping status'. Mine changed from "preparing to ship" to "processing".

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I pre-ordered a 256 GB iP7 plus in Jet Black. Woke up at 2:45 AM EST ready to rumble on Friday morning and I THINK I was one of the first ones in. I placed my order and ALSO got the Sept 30-Oct. 7th shipping estimates. Funny thing is I got my confirmation of order maybe 5 minutes after the order was placed and on the order it showed it was placed at 3:00:55 AM EST. Technically orders weren't supposed to open until 3:01 AM EST but maybe its a glitch. Anyway, I'm hoping I get my phone by Friday or Monday. My order has said Preparing to Ship since Saturday. Please get here on Friday, pleeeeeaaseeee.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Explorer

• 

26 Messages

4 years ago

Everyone is thinking the jet black color is delayed due to its popularity but I knew this wasn't true. Apple most certainly knows to prepare a large amount for a brand new color it's trying to push. Also the jet black is getting so much negative press for being a finger print magnet and the fine print on apples website about the susceptibility to micro abrasions. I figured that the matte black would be most popular. Tmobile's CEO confirmed my suspicions in a recent article saying matte black was the most popular color... Beating out the jet black pre-orders. Nothing to due with ship times I know but just an interesting bit info. Article is On appleinsider.com
Candi3

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

Ok. So I just looked at the email that I received from AT&T, my order wasn't confirmed until 10:14am EST yet I ordered at 5:07am and called and confirmed at 8am! Smiley Mad My ship dates are still the same 10/27-11/03. I checked my order status: Preparing to Ship. Maybe it will ship sooner...wishful thinking...

* Jet Black - iPhone 7 Plus - 256gb

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Like millions, I woke up early last Friday to order the new iPhone 7 Plus. Could not get through on Apple, though I was able to enter all the information and numbers they needed. Twice. All info just vanished. So I tried AT&T Next. It worked, but by the time I got through, about half an hour after the site went live, I got estimated shipping dates between September 30, 2016 - October 7, 2016.

Naturally, I'll be gone that week. What are the chances the iPhone will be delivered early?

Does that ever happen on these things? Or should I assume a 7 October shipping date willl translate of "four to five business days" mean a likely delivery date of the 17th or 18th of nex month?