Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.
fodderless

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Sep 9, 2016 11:41 AM

iPhone 7 Plus Shipping Dates

I ordered an iPhone 7 Plus 128gb jet black right when they were available at 3am. Shipping date said September but after I checked out it said October 21. The representative on the phone 2 days ago told me it would be at my house on release day, September 16.

Is this normal for the shipping date to be messed up? Did this happen to anyone else? I just got off the phone with a representative and she couldn't tell me anything.

I also haven't received an email confirmation yet.

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Do not cancel your order. I have also done this for years now. The estimated ship dates are always several weeks away and I get my phone on release day. It's just the first rule of business, under promise and over deliver. I will get my phone and so will you. 

Janning

Scholar

• 

114 Messages

3 years ago

After finally getting into the ATT site, (iphone 7 plus,,Jet black 356 GB).. I completed my order at 12:38 PST.  By 2:27 PST I get an email with a Subject:  We've recieved your order...ship date Sept 30-Oct 7  ..which from past experiance, I know..means..not too much. What is odd is in the order status it added a "SPC 30" to my street address. What is this?

What should be "12345 Hillcrest Rd". ...is "12345 Hillcrest Rd. SPC 30"

Everything else is correct...I'm hoping this SPC 30 does not cause them to return the order cuase "the address doesn't match".  Not on the iphone, but on past Amazon oreders I've had this happen for similar things.  Anyone know what SPC 30 is ?

akoxeno

Scholar

• 

144 Messages

3 years ago

I wanted the jet black for my iP7 128 but was given a shipping date (at the PC midnight hour) in late October which is when I will be in Inner Mongolia.

So I switched to the ordinary black with shipping on Sept 16. I ran into the same issue last year and it was a nightmare getting the color that I wanted with satisfactory GBs.

Is anyone getting a shipping date earlier than say Oct 15 for jet black iP7 128 or 256?

Janning

Scholar

• 

114 Messages

3 years ago

I did.... read my post above for the details.  7 plus, jet black, 256 gig... I completed the order at 12:45 am pacific time... got confirmation email at 2:47 am PST...my "dates"

are sept 30 to October 7th.  from past experiences, the literal arrival has always been sooner , in fact 7/8 times it ended up being "on the promised date",,,, once it was actually the day before promised date.... the other time, only two days after promised date.  they do the under promise o we deliver tactic.  I suspect the order software uses an algorithm to calculate (basically guess), what blocks of phones would ship worse case condition.  bottom line ... odds are you'll get it sooner than predicted. I have saved all emails and screen shots since 2008 of all my orders. if.... if this time goes as the other 7-8 times ... sept 15th (Thursday) about 6-8pm, I'll get an email with tracking # saying it will be the next day (sept 16).

my only question is the arrange "SPC 30" they added to my address

what should be *** is *** SPC 30.

can anyone tell me what this "SPC 30" is? in the past on orders from day Amazon (not iPhone) they've stuck odd things like ***... and as well as ups/fedex/usps know me (many orders, same address for 23 years),,, I've had them return it as unknown address, even though status was "out on truck for delivery"

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

THAT was NOT my address, it was a FAKE address used as an example!!

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

3 years ago

@akoxeno AT&T sets later starting shipping dates for the most popular models in case apple doesn't give them enough (except they always do). I'm almost positive the jet black 7 plus 128 started with the October 15 date. I ordered the same phone but in 256. My ship dates are Sept 30-october 7 (because the 256 is less popular so they don't set as late a starting ship date) and I fully expect to get it on launch day. Last year I ordered he 6s plus 64 in space grey, got shipping dates of October 23-30 and it still arrived on launch day. This happens every year
akoxeno

Scholar

• 

144 Messages

3 years ago

@ArunMangrulkar Your note is encouraging but I guess I remembered last year that many had to wait several weeks for some of the iPhones. That was the reason I started a thread two weeks ago trying to have us help one another remember the kinds of things that come up every time we get a big announcement from Apple.

I got up at 4 AM Brazil time and I simply could not get my AT&T order through quickly as it cost me 1.5 hr. At this point, the projected date of the jet black was pushed back. I went to the Apple Store but the app was confused about when I could order an iP7. By contrast, my order of the Apple Watch2 in the Apple Store app went through quickly with no complications.

Now that I have a regular black on the way, I don't know what to do about that. I think getting the store to switch phones for the color I wanted cost me some kind of ridiculous fee.

Although I live in the USA, I am currently in Brazil and don't know if I could get through to AT&T using Skype or if there is a toll-free international number. I don't know an electronic way to get at this since AT&T is overwhelmed with more important issues.

Janning

Scholar

• 

114 Messages

3 years ago

I earlier posted the shipping address they used for my conrimation was

12345 Hillcrest Rd SPC 30 ...they added the "SPC 30"

it should be 12345 Hillcrest Rd.  I was asking if anyone knows what is this "SPC 30" they added.

Someone monitoring these forums removed it saying "do not post your address to this public forum" ...NOTE:  I am aware of this....12345 Hillcrest...is NOT my address, it is fake used for example. (the "12345" should have been a hint).  So please do not remove this "Fake example" address.

So? again I ask, does anyone know what "SPC 30" is ?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

SPC is a postal abbreviation for space. At least it is in florida. I was a realtor once. Sold a mobile home and it was "fake address spc 12". Sort of like how an apartment or condo is "unit 45" or whatever. So I guess you have three options if you live in a house with no space number. Call att and get them to fix (little to no chance with their cst service knowing what to do). Call ups once you have a tracking number and having them fix it (tough because you aren't the sender but if you have the ups app and pat for their service then you are able to change delivery addresses of packages sent to you). Third, sit by your door on delivery day and when ups rides by, make sure they stop. If you do the second option, check slickdeals dot net for coupon codes. I think it's like a year for $10 or so. I have it. Use it all the time. As long as the address on the package is my address with my name, it shows up on my app and tells me when it will arrive. I wasn't home when the Apple Watch was to be delivered so I had it held at the nearest ups store. Assuming the phone arrives this Friday, even though I'll be home, I'll still have it sent to the store because they get packages around noon when my normal delivery time is 5 to 6pm. Let's me get it sooner.
Janning

Scholar

• 

114 Messages

3 years ago

surely it wont get bounced back for this? I live in a house, 9 times out of ten I know the UPS or fedex guy (I get a lot of stug delivered).  Looking back the times it has bounced back, for similar things, it was the post office ..him I know real well.

Janning

Scholar

• 

114 Messages

3 years ago

I contacted ATT via chat...he assured me the SPC 30 "won't hurt anything"..WHEW! I feel better  (thats extreme sarcasim)...His responses led me to flat tell him "you don't know English well enough to do this job".  He wanted to cancel the order and start over....I said oh H*** NO!.

I'm just going to put "SPC 30", on end of my address at the house!  I'll leave a note,...I think it will be OK

Steve7384

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

I also ordered iPhone 7 plus jet black 256 gb th and my shipping date are Sept 30 to Oct 7
Janning

Scholar

• 

114 Messages

3 years ago

Steve, can you provide more detial?

1) what was the exact time your order completed?

2) I assume you received a confirmation email, what time did that arrive?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

If I order mine tomorrow, do any of you think I will still get it Friday morning even thou it says expected date October 14.
Janning

Scholar

• 

114 Messages

3 years ago

Ugh...NO! LOL.  anythings possible, but I'd bet it will be after Sept 26th...if your'e lucky.  I do beleive it depends on size/color...but not to the extreme as some explianations have it.  I completed my order by 12:45 am ..(45 min after open), mine says Sep 26 to Oct 7th.  If I'd of completed order by 12:15 as in the past...I'd expect it to be 16th,,that extra 30 minutes may have cost me 2-5 days.  I'm not totally guessing, but  50% guessing.

I keep ALL records of any email, web transactions etc, for last 6-7 years each release...so I have some history to go on.  In the past, the status would change, and I'd get the tracking number email, between 6-8 pm the night before...literally 18 hours before I'd have the phone "in hand"

This year is a little different in the sense that the pre-order to recieve date is only 7 days opposed to the usual 14.  On the iPhone side of things, I gotta think, over time...surely they now have gotten better at all this?  I kind of thought it last year, but this year I think the popularity of the iPhone has declined? Everytime I say that, they have record sales. But, over the last year...out and about, I have seen a LOT more Samsung...and a lot more people holding on to their older phones,,,and the fact that going from a 6S to a 7, is not a hugh leap...there's nothing "smoking hot" about it, like from a 5s to a 6 was.

Another tale is, in the past, this forum was flooding me with emails...several an hour, on going.

This year, I get 1-3 a day.  Look at this forum...29 posts now, and and 68 hours "in".  Last year, at 68 hours in....how many posts were there..like 300-500...kind of odd, no?...or am I not in the "right forum"?  I've poked around some...I don't see another thats as fitting.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I ordered an Iphone matte black 32 g from ATT yesterday. I'm a little worried/irritated because they guy who checked me out acted like I would most likely receive it the day it comes out (16th) if not, definitely a couple of days later.

However my online notice reads October 7th - October 14th. Big problem for me as I leave for Chile on September 27th. Do you guys think I should cancel or just hope for the best? 

I'm rather annoyed.