Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

Fri, Mar 27, 2020 10:05 PM

iPhone 7 not able to connect to cellular service

Since last afternoon I am unable to connect my iPhone 7 to AT&T. First the o/s upgrade got halted. Then I managed to upgrade the o/s by connecting the phone to a laptop (iTunes way). Still even after having the latest update of iOS (13.4) the phone is not able to connect to AT&T. Until now this never happened in last 3 and 1/2 years. Have restarted the phone many times. No luck so far.

Responses

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

2 months ago

The problem still persist even after 36 hours.

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

The problem got resolved automatically after 42 hours.

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

2 months ago

The problem has reappeared again after 2 days.

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

The problem has started reappearing intermittently.

• 

30 Messages

go to the apple store or att store if your phone is defective even with the new ios 13

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

@WeddingGuy53 - Well both stores are closed due to COVID-19. Even if they would have been open I would have avoided visiting in person to follow stay home order by the Governor.

• 

30 Messages

i feel the same way

• 

30 Messages

try to put the iphone into factory reset but do not log in with your apple id

• 

30 Messages

only way you can put it to factory reset you need itunes

• 

30 Messages

if the factory reset does not work i highly recommend to change your sim card in your phone every one year i always change it and never had the problem

• 

30 Messages

now my question is is your phone unlocked to a carrier because ATT Uses GSM if the phone is CDMA it will not work

• 

30 Messages

T-Moblie and ATT Uses GSM

Verizon and Sprint uses CDMA

• 

30 Messages

T-Mobile and AT&T run on GSM networks. Sprint and Verizon run on CDMA technology. ... The general rule is that a CDMA phone wont work on a GSM network, and vice versa—they run on different frequencies. However, most new iPhones like the 8 and 8 Plus and some Google Nexus phones CAN run on both technologies.

Tutor

• 

14 Messages

This phone (iPhone 7) is a carrier locked phone by AT&T. It has worked perfectly fine until this iOS 13.4 upgrade arrived. Have done factory reset at Settings level as well. So far zero response has received from AT&T. The online chat agents have never been available. They don't reach out later point of time as well. Per Apple's online customer service it is a problem to be fixed by AT&T.

• 

30 Messages

Try to use Itunes to restore your iphone software because over the air update may have a bug that apple takes forever to fix so as a software person i highly recommend to use itunes to restore the update ill give you a IPSW file

https://ipsw.me/download/iPhone9,3/17E255

here is the more easier way of doing it

You can use iTunes to reinstall the software on your device and restore it to its default settings. You might need to do this if you’re having problems with the device (for example, if it freezes or crashes frequently) of if you’re getting ready to sell or give away your device.

Important: Restoring software on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch deletes all your information and settings. However, iTunes backs up your device before restoring it, so you can use the backup to restore your device to how it was when you last used it but sign in after the the set up page once on the home screen sign in to your apple id

(NEVER RECOMMENDED)

NEVER FACTORY RESTORE YOUR IPHONE IN SETTINGS

(edited)

• 

30 Messages

im running on a older firmware ios 13.3.1 my automatic updates is turned off