Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
Moklonus's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Sep 23, 2017 2:02 PM

iPhone 7 - Next Every Year - What to return in the box?

My iPhone 8 arrived yesterday on AT&T Next Every Year from a pre-order.

My question though is what do I put in the box besides the iPhone 7?

Below is the list of what's included in the box (besides the iPhone), from Apple's website:

• EarPods with Lightning Connector
  • Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter
  • Lightning to USB Cable
  • USB Power Adapter
  • Documentation

Is there a link on the AT&T website that states what needs to be returned?

Thanks

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

4 y ago

@Moklonus Are you certain that's to return the OLD phone and not just to return the NEW phone if needing to be returned?

The lack of Next return info really makes me wonder. That said, I'd take it to an AT&T corporate store and have them give you a written receipt on the spot.

I'd only return the phone unless other info was stated. That's all I did when I traded my 6s for a 7.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 y ago

Thanks for the reply Gary.

Yes, it included pre-paid shipping labels and instruction sheet to return the iPhone 7. It has a sheet that is titled "Your AT&T Next Trade-In" with general instructions. It says to remove memory card and accessories before shipping. It's very "generalized" instructions, since you can't remove the memory card from an iPhone. It's confusing about the point of accessories. I'd keep a case or screen protector as these are my accessories, but ear-pods and cables that came in the original packaging I know is frequently thrown out/recycled with a lot of returned phones at re-sellers. I used to sell my iPhones to Gazelle and they'd clearly state not to include those items because they are un-hygenic/unreliable chargers/lightning cables and tossed. I'd assume that here as well, but I don't want to pay Apple prices for these things because I didn't include them and those are the fines for them.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.