Announcements
Learn how you can Preorder the iPhone 13 now!
stevensh1's profile
stevensh1
100% warp speed!
Celestial 50!
Supersonic 25!

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

Sat, Sep 12, 2015 7:29 AM

iPhone 6s Plus Shipping dates

Why is iPhone 6s Plus shipinng dates are Oct 16 - Oct 23 ? While on the Apple.com it shows delivers 25th... I already ordered from premier site, since I had no choice as I dont have ATT Next and do not wish to move to it. But why is the ship dates are so far out for the 6s Plus via ATT ?

I really hope it changes, but I have a bad feeling about this.....

Responses

cgalloni

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 y ago

well here is one of the reasons why we won't get those phones on sept 25th. 

http://9to5mac.com/2015/09/14/kgi-iphone-6s-plus-constraints-due-to-display-production-issues/

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

6 y ago

@cgalloni wrote:

well here is one of the reasons why we won't get those phones on sept 25th. 

http://9to5mac.com/2015/09/14/kgi-iphone-6s-plus-constraints-due-to-display-production-issues/

The 9to5mac article is conjecture. It would be plausible that Apple added an additional supplier, becuase they need more of that component, not that it's difficult to make.

Reguardless it would indicate constrained production.

Please, I want to be one of those 2 million units ready for delivery. Smiley Very Happy

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 y ago

Just spoke with an AT&T rep this is what he said:

The dates that are provided are just expected shipment dates that have been generated automatically, they are not exact. The order may ship out before depending on availability of the product, Once we have product available the orders will begin to ship.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 y ago

I logged in at exactly 2:01am CST (12:01 PST) and AT&T kept me in a virtual queue for about 10 minutes.  I ordered 2 6s Pluses (for me and my wife) at 2:12 am CST and the ship date showed October 16-23 which I thought was very odd considering the order was placed well within the 1st hour.

cgalloni

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 y ago

Per all my conversations with representatives from AT&T and all the input I have collected don't expect the Iphone 6s plus to get shipped before the dates AT&T stated. They are having issues with producing the screens so inventory is very limited. Apple of course, is fulfilling their orders first and then the resellers. unfortunately there is nothing else we can do but wait. 

redpoint73

Professor

• 

3K Messages

6 y ago

Different colored aluminum bodies; and a camera that makes short video clips out of still photos. Sounds like Apple just announced the release of . . . the HTC One M8 (2014)!

Seriously though, you have to expect some smart remarks for posting this in the Android forum section.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

6 y ago

I also checked with Verizon and T-mobile, Verizon are shipping on 10/07 and T-mobile 2-3 weeks, also 6S Plus not being avilable to "Reserve and Pick Up" in many Apple stores, I assume the date given in Order Confirmation 10/16-10/23 looks real now. 

Hopefully AT&T will deliver by 10/16-23 otherwise checking back previous year's record, its depressing. 

Sorry for pessimist comments.

Hope there will be some comments from AT&T to prove us wrong. 

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

6 y ago

If it's any consolation for us 6S Plus buyers, we are all in the same boat. It doesn't matter from where we buy it seems the same problem is at hand.

Remember the white iPhone 4? That was delayed months, because a silly button color or shade was wrong.

I know it's frustrating to not have it on launch day. Not written in stone yet. But think maybe it's fair since we haven't been singled out and we are not second class. We are in this together, getting the phone we want, and not settling for our second choice. We are heroes (/S).

I think, in a couple of days, there are plenty of people who know where to look, we either will get an update on our delivery day, closer to launch, or we will find out the truth as to why we are waiting.

Solidarity.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

6 y ago

http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/09/14/iphone-6s-plus-expected-to-be-constrained-at-launch-due-to-backlight-bottlenecks

Not ATT's fault so I hold no ill will towards them.  I hold no ill will towards Apple either.  Sometimes in life crap happens... it is how you deal with it that matters. 

Bummer for those that "need"ed those phones on launch day.  Hopefully this delay doesn't ruin people's spirit over the next month or so.  I wish I could say "it is just phone... everything will be alright" but I know some people just won't want to hear that.  Sorry guys/gals!

Apsugirl26

Explorer

• 

24 Messages

6 y ago

From my experience from last year, I ordered from At&t on pre order morning September 12 and was finally shipped with on September 24th so it wasnt too bad of a wait. The date they gave me was an October ship date as well last year and came sooner than what it said.

Explorer

• 

12 Messages

6 y ago

I preordered the iPhone 6S+ confirmed at 3:37 AM EST on Sept. 12th.  My delivery date says it isn't until between October 16th and October 23rd.  I've read on forums that this was a glitch and the iPhone 6S+ will ship on its release date of September 25th.  Even the Apple website was saying it would deliver on September 25th clear in to the next day but the Apple website wouldn't cooperate with my AT&T account when I was trying to order.  Is there any truth to the date just being wrong on my order status?  Thanks.  

kdfederer

ACE - Expert

• 

12.4K Messages

6 y ago

The delivery date is just an estimate. It can come sooner or it can come later. Now if you receive your phone around the launch date you will be ecstatic. If it comes a couple of weeks later, if they have production problems like last time, then you will get your phone when they estimate. Otherwise if you have a September 26 shipping date and it doesn't ship on the 26th, everyone will be blowing up the forum asking why their phone hasn't shipped.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 y ago

I'm pretty sure he's wrong lol but this is one of the few agents I've spoken to that hasn't said the generic line "Your order will be sent as soon as it is processed, and that is just a pending transaction that will be held until your item is shipped" blah blah blah. Mind you I ordered at 12:05 PST, no $1 authorization (just the actual transaction I'm talking about in the convo), two emails in total regarding my order, and no text message confirmation. Estimated shipping dates are 10/16-10/23. 

Screen Shot 2015-09-14 at 5.24.29 PM.png

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

6 y ago

@cheyennebbfeliz wrote:

I'm pretty sure he's wrong lol but this is one of the few agents I've spoken to that hasn't said the generic line "Your order will be sent as soon as it is processed, and that is just a pending transaction that will be held until your item is shipped" blah blah blah. Mind you I ordered at 12:05 PST, no $1 authorization (just the actual transaction I'm talking about in the convo), two emails in total regarding my order, and no text message confirmation. Estimated shipping dates are 10/16-10/23. 

Screen Shot 2015-09-14 at 5.24.29 PM.png

That's where I am comming from.

I checked just now... Unfortunately what I have is Temporary Authorizations.

That means it's not a final charge.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 y ago

I know it's frustrating but with the recent article I saw "iPhone 6s Plus in short supply due to Backlight Module Production Issues" along with the whole "AT&T phones being different than any other carrier with the Band 30" talk, I've given up on caring too much about it. I mean besides looking at this forum every few hours and googling different things about this whole stupid situation. *sigh* Smiley Indifferent

New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.