Announcements
Learn how you can Preorder the iPhone 13 now!
stevensh1's profile
stevensh1
100% warp speed!
Celestial 50!
Supersonic 25!

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

Sat, Sep 12, 2015 7:29 AM

iPhone 6s Plus Shipping dates

Why is iPhone 6s Plus shipinng dates are Oct 16 - Oct 23 ? While on the Apple.com it shows delivers 25th... I already ordered from premier site, since I had no choice as I dont have ATT Next and do not wish to move to it. But why is the ship dates are so far out for the 6s Plus via ATT ?

I really hope it changes, but I have a bad feeling about this.....

Responses

Explorer

• 

7 Messages

6 y ago

Not sure if this is even true but I spoke with a ATT rep and was told that the dates are in Mid-October because they have to give the worse case scenario but if you ordered fast enough (not sure what that means) you should get the phone launch day with shipment being the day before. Anyone know if this is the case? My conf was sent to me via the premier website at 12:04 PDT. It's so crappy because I refuse to do ATT Next and Apple doesn't do standard upgrades so I had no choice.
Brett621

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

6 y ago

I just got a text message saying:

AT&T Free Msg:
Congratulations! Your order has been processed. You will be notified when your order has shipped.

I got my confirmation email just after 3 am est so I'm not sure what this is.
cgalloni

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 y ago

Same here, Just got the same text message. Checked online my order after I got it and nothing has changed.

Xcyzon

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

6 y ago

I also just received this message:

AT&T Free Msg:
Congratulations! Your order has been processed. You will be notified when your order has shipped.

However, the Oct 16-23 dates when I check online have not changed...
stevensh1

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

6 y ago

Yep same txt mesage, and online order status is not changed.

benjitek

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

6 y ago

Can you please share with us where you read that?? Doesnt make sense for Apple to sell one model and ATT to sell another, since the end result is to use on the same carrier..... 

The AT&T model supports the newer LTE band 30 with untapped spectrums and higher speeds.  It is thought that there are no CDMA radios in the AT&T model, making an unlocked one less compatible with other providers.

There is some doubt to the accuracy of it though as there's a chance it could just be a mistake of the tech specs Apple has listed online as FCC documents show CDMA radios.  The PCMag article has been prefaced with an [UPDATE] explaining things so far.

So... it may be true, but at the moment it also might not be 🙂

txdude5101

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 y ago

When you all log in to check your order status what does it say? I never recieved any text message but mine says preparing to ship with the excepted shippment date of Oct 16, - Oct, 23. What does other peoples say?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 y ago

Mine says "Preparing to ship" and it hasnt changed since my initial order time (with 10/16 - 10/23 shipping dates). For the people who got the text message, when did you guys preorder? Now i'm getting worried because my order time was 12:05AM PST with a second confirmation email at 12:11AM and I didn't get a text message 😞

benjitek

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

6 y ago

@txdude5101 wrote:

When you all log in to check your order status what does it say? I never recieved any text message but mine says preparing to ship with the excepted shippment date of Oct 16, - Oct, 23. What does other peoples say?

I completed my order just a few minutes after and just received a confirmation text.

cgalloni

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 y ago

@txdude5101 wrote:

It is very weird. Mine says In progress but i received the text message and yours say preparing to ship and no text message? seems to me yours is way closer to shipping !

cgalloni

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 y ago

@benjitek wrote:

@txdude5101 wrote:

I completed my order just a few minutes after and just received a confirmation text.

Does yours say Preparing to Ship also?

txdude5101

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 y ago

Yes, it does. 

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

6 y ago

I am with you.

In Progress (Oct 16-23 shipping date)

SAT 12:04AM - Thank you letter was instant, but the order confirmation was 8:06AM, right after payment confirmation.

SUN 17:27PM - Got the text everyone is talking about.

This is the extent of the communication.

iPhone 6S Plus Rose Gold 64GB (for reference)

My CC charge is still pending. Maybe a weekend thing.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

6 y ago

It's not just AT&T, it's all the providers.

http://iphone-inventory.blogspot.hk/

benjitek

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

6 y ago

@Rik90046 wrote:

It's not just AT&T, it's all the providers.

http://iphone-inventory.blogspot.hk/

Those are current wait times, not what they were at all carriers when pre-ordering first started.  Thanks though 🙂

New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.