Announcements
Learn how you can Preorder the iPhone 13 now!
stevensh1's profile
stevensh1
100% warp speed!
Celestial 50!
Supersonic 25!

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

Sat, Sep 12, 2015 7:29 AM

iPhone 6s Plus Shipping dates

Why is iPhone 6s Plus shipinng dates are Oct 16 - Oct 23 ? While on the Apple.com it shows delivers 25th... I already ordered from premier site, since I had no choice as I dont have ATT Next and do not wish to move to it. But why is the ship dates are so far out for the 6s Plus via ATT ?

I really hope it changes, but I have a bad feeling about this.....

Responses

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 y ago

I'm beyond annoyed as well. I honestly didn't notice the delivery dates until my husband pointed it out and I immediately started to panic and call AT&T Customer Service. I had stayed home last night and waited until midnight with ATT & Apple's sites both up on different browsers to see which one would be faster. I noticed that AT&T actually let me pre-order prior to 12am which was weird but I went with it! My order was = Order date: 09/12/2015 at 2:47:05 AM EDT (I'm in California).

So when I finally was able to get through to someone live (which btw, I ABSOLUTELY LOATHE AT&T's automated machine system) she was completely useless. I explained to her my situation and she thought it was strange too. She said that AT&T expects to start shipping on 9/25 so I wouldn't be receiving it on the 25th. I told her that makes no sense. Why would I ever order w/ AT&T knowing that had I ordered w/ Apple, I would have received confirmation that my expected delivery date was 9/25 NOT 10/16 - 10/23. She tried to tell me all companies were doing this. I told her, that's absolutely not true. Being that this is my first time ordering through AT&T's site and it being such an absolute nightmare I would totally recommend to everyone to avoid buying through them and go somewhere else.

I also tried to go to Apple and reserve a phone using a different line on my account at at 3:20pm PST, their estimated delivery dates have moved to Oct 6th. So by now, I've just surrendered and hope to God that my phone will be received on it's actual release date.

stevensh1

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

6 y ago

@cwinlags wrote:

I'm beyond annoyed as well. I honestly didn't notice the delivery dates until my husband pointed it out and I immediately started to panic and call AT&T Customer Service. I had stayed home last night and waited until midnight with ATT & Apple's sites both up on different browsers to see which one would be faster. I noticed that AT&T actually let me pre-order prior to 12am which was weird but I went with it! My order was = Order date: 09/12/2015 at 2:47:05 AM EDT (I'm in California).

So when I finally was able to get through to someone live (which btw, I ABSOLUTELY LOATHE AT&T's automated machine system) she was completely useless. I explained to her my situation and she thought it was strange too. She said that AT&T expects to start shipping on 9/25 so I wouldn't be receiving it on the 25th. I told her that makes no sense. Why would I ever order w/ AT&T knowing that had I ordered w/ Apple, I would have received confirmation that my expected delivery date was 9/25 NOT 10/16 - 10/23. She tried to tell me all companies were doing this. I told her, that's absolutely not true. Being that this is my first time ordering through AT&T's site and it being such an absolute nightmare I would totally recommend to everyone to avoid buying through them and go somewhere else.

I also tried to go to Apple and reserve a phone using a different line on my account at at 3:20pm PST, their estimated delivery dates have moved to Oct 6th. So by now, I've just surrendered and hope to God that my phone will be received on it's actual release date.

Biggest problem for me, is that on Apple.com I did not see options for just using the 2 year contarct upgrade and not moving to next.... It might of been there when you follow the screens all the way thru, but like others said the ATT site came up for me first, I find it very strange that people were able to order prior to 3am EST, since I was refreshing the site since around 2:45am on 2 diffrent browsers and it didnt go live till 2:59am EST...

In anycase, it doesnt look like AT&T sold out the fist batch, but simple there inventory is not there, or (and this is a real long shot and hope) that this was a glitch and phones will ship on the 24th and get here by the 25th(I`m loosing hope and AT&T is not providing any feedback at all) Might be time to write to new media outlets to get some answers.... 

Xcyzon

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

6 y ago

Order number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Order date: 09/12/2015 at 3:34:53 AM EDT
Order status:
In progress
We're preparing your order, and we'll let you know once it's ready.
Your order is being prepared for shipping. If you placed order within the past 24 hours, some information may not be available yet.
Estimated ship dates:
October 16, 2015 - October 23, 2015

I, like most everyone here, am very annoyed with the ship dates!!

Update: so it's been over 24 hours since the initial order at this point (as the system notes, not all information will be available yet) - and I still have the above listed ship dates. Come on AT&T, it's not like your a tiny little mom and pop shop and can't get this right. I have ordered numerous iPhones from Apple's site and they ALWAYS come on launch day, as they list initially. HOWEVER, tried you because a friend ordered one from you once and received it the day BEFORE launch day - and this is what we all get now? You should be taking them out of your store stock and sending them to us since we ordered (and obviously already paid for them) so early as loyal customers.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 y ago

First, removing others selling the phone from other retailers for 2 years contract. 

Now shipping the item in a ship so that it reaches next month 10/16 - 10/23. People are so much .... 😞 with this kind of shipping method by this ..... automated generated shipping dates.

cousintim

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

6 y ago

@elronino wrote:

I've been ordering through ATT for years. Never missed a release day delivery either, but I also have never seen delivery dates that far out on initial order statuses either.

Preorder delivery dates for 6 Plus were even later last year.

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

6 y ago

I ordered 12:04AM Pacific Time.

October 16th like everyone else.

According to other forums, all 6S Plus models got 10/16.

If you had ordered the 6S you would have gotten 9/25... Let's hope, over the weekend, there's an update to the delivery times. All I know, I will be taking that day off. Smiley Happy
JoeN00

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

6 y ago

The only place you can buy a phone with the 2-year contract and discount is through AT&T now.  They banned all resellers from selling 2-year contracts.  The only option at any other reseller is paying full price or going with NEXT. That's the only reason I ordered through AT&T.  Previously, I've always ordered through the Apple Store app.  It's much quicker, much easier, and I've always gotten the phone on launch day.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 y ago

Well,

ATT management might see this and change the shipping dates. We have to see what will it on monday-tuesday ....Smiley Sad

they might be some from this forum already complained to the ATT....

GeekBoy

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

6 y ago

Everyone here is seeing a difference in expected shipping dates between AT&T and Apple, and is blaming AT&T for the difference.  Apple is the manufacturer of the phones, and they control how many get shipped to their own stores and to other outlets, like AT&T, Best Buy, WalMart, etc.  Of course Apple will keep more for themselves if they can because they make more profit selling retail than they do selling wholesale.

I remember the iPhone 6/6 Plus launch last year.  The entire Lake County, IL (north suburbs of Chicago) only had less than 10 iPhone 6 Plus units available in the stores on launch day.  Apple had many more in thir stores, so was this AT&T's fault that Apple kept more for themselves?  If you want to point fingers for these expected ship dates, just look at who is making the phones and how many the estimate delivery to the different wholesale channels by certain dates.  I bet you'll see that they are keeping more in their own retail stores than they are sending out to the wholesale channels (like AT&T).

stevensh1

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

6 y ago

I just love when ACE people try to protect ATT. The price Apple gets for the phones from there store and from any other reseller is exactly the same, this is why everyone is compalining about Apple profit margins. It is possible that Apple did not provide enough phones to ATT for distributions, but whould this happen last minute ? Would this be an issue if ATT allowed 2 year agreemts via Apple.com ? I would of bought on Apple.com and we would not be posting here. So please look at it from both directions and lets see what ATT will say about this. 

@GeekBoy wrote:

Everyone here is seeing a difference in expected shipping dates between AT&T and Apple, and is blaming AT&T for the difference.  Apple is the manufacturer of the phones, and they control how many get shipped to their own stores and to other outlets, like AT&T, Best Buy, WalMart, etc.  Of course Apple will keep more for themselves if they can because they make more profit selling retail than they do selling wholesale.

I remember the iPhone 6/6 Plus launch last year.  The entire Lake County, IL (north suburbs of Chicago) only had less than 10 iPhone 6 Plus units available in the stores on launch day.  Apple had many more in thir stores, so was this AT&T's fault that Apple kept more for themselves?  If you want to point fingers for these expected ship dates, just look at who is making the phones and how many the estimate delivery to the different wholesale channels by certain dates.  I bet you'll see that they are keeping more in their own retail stores than they are sending out to the wholesale channels (like AT&T).

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

6 y ago

ATT made the choice, and it was covered extensively by the media, to stop contract subsidies through resellers. This meant we can only get a subsidized price directly from ATT.

I, as we all, had the choice to pay full price and buy from Apple where we would get realtime stock info and accurate estimated shipping informatIon. Or, we could receive a substantial discount and deal with ATT's less informative, oftentimes extremely conservative shipping estimates. As the mobile share plans improve, the value of hanging onto an unlimited data plan is less advantageous for more and more customers, but for me, with one line, few calls and texts being made, but tons of data used monthly, and a corporate discount, it still makes sense for me. Maybe not next year.

This is not new, and most likely not a good reason to divert our attention from the real problems in the world. This year I actually was able to view order information after submitting it. That was an improvement, and made me feel a bit more at ease. In years past, a screenshot I took after submitting is all I had for the first day or so.

Just think of accurate realtime order data as as premium service costing 200-450 and we chose to the economy deal. It's not great, but it helps me deal with it. I'm cheap. We will most likely get our phones within the first day or so. I always have.

Good luck everyone!
stevensh1

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

6 y ago

@JDnLex wrote:
ATT made the choice, and it was covered extensively by the media, to stop contract subsidies through resellers. This meant we can only get a subsidized price directly from ATT.

I, as we all, had the choice to pay full price and buy from Apple where we would get realtime stock info and accurate estimated shipping informatIon. Or, we could receive a substantial discount and deal with ATT's less informative, oftentimes extremely conservative shipping estimates. As the mobile share plans improve, the value of hanging onto an unlimited data plan is less advantageous for more and more customers, but for me, with one line, few calls and texts being made, but tons of data used monthly, and a corporate discount, it still makes sense for me. Maybe not next year.

This is not new, and most likely not a good reason to divert our attention from the real problems in the world. This year I actually was able to view order information after submitting it. That was an improvement, and made me feel a bit more at ease. In years past, a screenshot I took after submitting is all I had for the first day or so.

Just think of accurate realtime order data as as premium service costing 200-450 and we chose to the economy deal. It's not great, but it helps me deal with it. I'm cheap. We will most likely get our phones within the first day or so. I always have.

Good luck everyone!

Dude +1 same thing as me (only me 2 lines on shared plans with unlimited data and text) I love my plan, my price and my usage and do not wish to switch at all... I really need to do something with my phone way before those shipping estimates, thats my biggest issue right now. 

txdude5101

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 y ago

Does anyones say this on their page with these dates?
Preparing to ship
October 16, 2015 - October 23, 2015

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

6 y ago

Wife's 6s 128gb is showing an expected ship date of 9/24 and my 6s+ 128gb is showing an expected ship date of 10/16-10/23 (even though I was able to order 10 minutes before the preorder was supposed to start). I'm not really that worried about it. I've waited 2 years for an upgrade, so another 3 weeks won't kill me. 

I'm sure getting it ASAP is critical for some people and I hope you get them as early as humanly possible. I'm just trying to keep perspective on what is really important and things that really matter, and for *me* it isn't that big of a deal if I have to wait a couple of more weeks for delivery. 

stevensh1

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

6 y ago

@idobleedblue wrote:

Wife's 6s 128gb is showing an expected ship date of 9/24 and my 6s+ 128gb is showing an expected ship date of 10/16-10/23 (even though I was able to order 10 minutes before the preorder was supposed to start). I'm not really that worried about it. I've waited 2 years for an upgrade, so another 3 weeks won't kill me. 

I'm sure getting it ASAP is critical for some people and I hope you get them as early as humanly possible. I'm just trying to keep perspective on what is really important and things that really matter, and for *me* it isn't that big of a deal if I have to wait a couple of more weeks for delivery. 

My creticality is that I need to get rid of my current phone, there is a reason we wake up that early to preorder first. If ATT was aware if this shortage of 6s+ they should of informed us before the pre-orders went live.

New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.