Celestial 50!
Supersonic 25!

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

Sat, Sep 12, 2015 7:29 AM

Closed

iPhone 6s Plus Shipping dates

Why is iPhone 6s Plus shipinng dates are Oct 16 - Oct 23 ? While on the Apple.com it shows delivers 25th... I already ordered from premier site, since I had no choice as I dont have ATT Next and do not wish to move to it. But why is the ship dates are so far out for the 6s Plus via ATT ?

I really hope it changes, but I have a bad feeling about this.....

tjkoko

Teacher

• 

32 Messages

7年前

My ATT app shows "In Process" and the desktop site shows "Preparing to Ship".

Explorer

• 

13 Messages

7年前

On my PC:

If I go here and type in my wireless number, billing zip, and passphrase it says "Preparing to ship."

https://www.att.com/eos/unauth/eosLogin?productType=wireless

But if I just goto the My Orders tab on ATT's home page, it says "In Progress".

Both have Oct 16-23 dates.  

They also had charged my card for the downpayment amount and another for $1, but both are now gone from my statement..... not looking good.

I preordered at 3:03am EST.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7年前

The same thing is happening to me. When I check through the app, it says in progress, but when I check via my desktop, it says "preparing to ship" but I still have the shipping dates October 16th-23rd.

sdlemire

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

7年前

Mine shows what everyone else's has for the 6s plus - Oct. 16 - 23

Had I known AT&T was going to be backordered like this from the start, I'd have done the preorder from Apple instead.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7年前

Same here. The money is now back into my checking account and the att charge is completely gone. 

Not looking good 😞

cheng_jia

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

7年前

What's interesting is that my shipping date says Oct. 16 - Oct. 16.... Instead of the usual Oct. 16-23...

stevensh1

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

7年前

@cheng_jia wrote:

What's interesting is that my shipping date says Oct. 16 - Oct. 16.... Instead of the usual Oct. 16-23...

That is intresting... I think we all need to step back, take a breath and just wait it out.... 

jjallison1

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

7年前

@EvelAbed wrote:

@jjallison1 wrote:

Abed, the people who bought directly from Apple are going to get model A1688 on 9/25.  The people who bought directly from ATT get model A1634, between Oct 16-26.  The issue is the backlight.  Read the prior comments for details.

I've read the whole thread. You claim this, but how do you know it? And why would Apple ask for your carrier info and then ship customers the T-Mobile phone? Seems highly unlikely. But I guess we'll just wait and see. 

It isn't the "T-Mobile phone".  A1688 will work on all of the networks, it just won't have band 30.  It will still work just fine on ATT.  The only advantage of band 30 is potential speed, which isn't an issue right now, as it is only rolled out in a few markets. Either way, if you don't believe, that's fine.  I'll see you back here on 9/25 for a big I told you so ;c)

jjallison1

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

7年前

@stevensh1 wrote:

@jjallison1 wrote:

Abed, the people who bought directly from Apple are going to get model A1688 on 9/25.  The people who bought directly from ATT get model A1634, between Oct 16-26.  The issue is the backlight.  Read the prior comments for details.

I can agree with everything else you say, but not the shipment of different phones from different sources, lets picture this, I bought via ATT and got the 1634 phone, while my friend bought from Apple and got A1688, I get fast speeds he gets slow, he calls Apple/ATT and they tell him that he got the wrong phone ? This just does not makes sense at all... Especially that Apple is listing 1634 as ATT compatible phone. Here http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/ why would they ship you 1688 ?

We can keep going round and round if you want, that's fine.  Initially no one will notice faster or slower speeds.  As ATT rolls out band 30, some will have better speed, depending on market and tower congestion.  Realistically, if you didn't know about band 30, you would be oblivious to the difference.  Again, A1688 will work just fine on ATT... Just not AS good.

stevensh1

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

7年前

No one said it wony work. Its just not something that Apple or ATT would
allow to be done. You can not sell one phone from one outlet and another
for the same carrier with different chipset. I can almost guarantee you
that att and apple phones will be the same model.

jjallison1

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

7年前

@stevensh1 wrote:
No one said it wony work. Its just not something that Apple or ATT would
allow to be done. You can not sell one phone from one outlet and another
for the same carrier with different chipset. I can almost guarantee you
that att and apple phones will be the same model.

Sure they can... As long as the phone works as intended, and it will. Hard to claim some kind of damage when band 30 isn't up in your area... And if it were, right now the difference would be negligible.

jjallison1

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

7年前

I'll tell you what, my buddy got a plus from Apple.  I'll take a pic and show you the model number on the 25th.  I guarantee it will be A1688.... You forget, I have info from the horses mouth.

jjallison1

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

7年前

Interestingly enough, last year, the plus has two different models that shared the same model number... A1522.  The "gsm" was for ATT, and the "cdma" version was for Verizon. The catch is that the gsm version only had a gsm radio, while the cdma version had both gsm and cdma radios.  So the Verizon version could be used on both networks, but the ATT could only be used on ATT.

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

7年前

I am under the impression that AT&T will sell the phones in the markets that will get band 30 in the next one to two years. If your market is not getting band 30, then you will get the A1688. These are the AT&T customers who get their 6s Plus on Sept 25 - 27.

Then the issue is, if you are of the lucky group to get an iPhone 6S Plus on launch, check your model.

The only reason I could come up with, why AT&T would do this, is if you live in one of the top 5 cities where they can't add any new towers so instead they add another band. Chime in if you are in  - LA / SF / Boston / NYC / Chicago

jjallison1

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

7年前

The A1524 sold by sprint was the best of all though.  That phone could do sprint, ATT, or Verizon. So you see, it's a black art trying to figure out iPhone models, and which phone will and won't work with which carrier.

Need help?
The new iPhone 13
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.