Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
What is happening with 3G?
stevensh1's profile
stevensh1
100% warp speed!
Celestial 50!
Supersonic 25!

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

Sat, Sep 12, 2015 7:29 AM

Closed

iPhone 6s Plus Shipping dates

Why is iPhone 6s Plus shipinng dates are Oct 16 - Oct 23 ? While on the Apple.com it shows delivers 25th... I already ordered from premier site, since I had no choice as I dont have ATT Next and do not wish to move to it. But why is the ship dates are so far out for the 6s Plus via ATT ?

I really hope it changes, but I have a bad feeling about this.....

stevensh1

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

6 y ago

Guys, the page clearly tells you which phones apple and att are selling for att service, why would you think that apple will sell you different phone then ATT, also the ATT model doesnt seem to have CDMA read the full specs, so in reality it will not work on ALL carriers just GSM.

stevensh1

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

6 y ago

@jjallison1 wrote:

Doesn't matter Steven, I came here trying to spread some important info... Just to get belittled.  Stand by your door on 9/25 and wait for your plus.... Then call ATT CS when it doesn't arrive.

I`m not trying to belittle you, I`m trying to get the proper information. Based on the articles it is not 100% clear and aligning with what you said... But if you are saying that your wife works for Apple and this is the info she got then thats what it is. I`m not very hopeful to see this phone on 9/25 based on past experience, but we have to get some information clear and proper. Such as the phone models and why would Apple sell 1 phone for ATT service vs ATT. Specially when its clearly marked on Apples site which phone is specific for ATT service.... Besides that we have no official information at all. 

stevensh1

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

6 y ago

@jjallison1 wrote:

Wrong.  Both models are identical... With the exception of A1634 having LTE band 30.

Take a look here...

http://www.apple.com/iphone-6s/specs/

Do you see the missing CDMA EV-DO Rev. A (800, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz) on the 

Model A1633* and Model A1634* 

How can you say they are identical if the phone we supposedly bought doesnt have CDMA antenna ?

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

6 y ago

@stevensh1 wrote:

@jjallison1 wrote:

Wrong.  Both models are identical... With the exception of A1634 having LTE band 30.

Take a look here...

Do you see the missing CDMA EV-DO Rev. A (800, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz) on the 

How can you say they are identical if the phone we supposedly bought doesnt have CDMA antenna ?

Actually they're the same, except for the LTE30. Apple has simply reordered the listing so that CDMA and GSM are reversed in order. This makes them look more different than they are. The FCC and Apple itself are pushing to make universal phones that are truly portable and compatible with all technologies. The only thing I've read as to why the AT&T phone is slightly different is that AT&T has exclusive rights to LTE30 and some speculate that this requires an extra chip that might add to the cost; hence, they chose not to include it in other phones. 

stevensh1

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

6 y ago

@EvelAbed wrote:

@stevensh1 wrote:

@jjallison1 wrote:

Take a look here...

Actually they're the same, except for the LTE30. Apple has simply reordered the listing so that CDMA and GSM are reversed in order. This makes them look more different than they are. The FCC and Apple itself are pushing to make universal phones that are truly portable and compatible with all technologies. The only thing I've read as to why the AT&T phone is slightly different is that AT&T has exclusive rights to LTE30 and some speculate that this requires an extra chip that might add to the cost; hence, they chose not to include it in other phones. 

I do see it now. Some how missed the CDMA part in the first listing... But still does not makes sense that Apple will sell you 1 phone vs ATT. Specially that listing show that only 1 model is ATT compatable. 

I think we should all stop and wait for some official word, or just wait longer. 

I`m getting really mad now that I`m being charged the upgrade fee now, and the phone scheduled delivery date is after next billing cycle(or who knows when). 

jjallison1

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

6 y ago

The inference is that one phone is ATT compatable, but that is not the reality.  The reality if that any 6s/plus will work on any network.  I'm not sure why they didn't just make all the iPhones include band 30 and be done with it, but there you have it.

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

6 y ago

@stevensh1 wrote:

@EvelAbed wrote:

@stevensh1 wrote:

@jjallison1 wrote:

Take a look here...

I do see it now. Some how missed the CDMA part in the first listing... But still does not makes sense that Apple will sell you 1 phone vs ATT. Specially that listing show that only 1 model is ATT compatable. 

I think we should all stop and wait for some official word, or just wait longer. 

I`m getting really mad now that I`m being charged the upgrade fee now, and the phone scheduled delivery date is after next billing cycle(or who knows when). 

I was mad that I couldn't preorder a phone with a prepaid account, but I found out my work gives entitles me to a discount for an AT&T postpaid account, so I switched over and ordered one with the payment plan. I didn't see anything in the fine print about an upgrade fee, but I'm really only planning to use it as an interest free loan. I'll probably pay it off next summer and keep the phone for two years instead of trading up right away. Now I'm wondering if there's something in the fine print I missed, but I guess I'll worry about that later. 

Also, I don't think you'd be getting a different phone from Apple. I think if you go and order an AT&T phone from them, you'll get the same phone AT&T is selling. If you order a T-Mobile and then use it on AT&T, you won't have the LTE30, which probably doesn't matter as it's still being rolled out and will likely only be employed in urban areas. (At least that's what I've read on other discussions.) 

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

6 y ago

@jjallison1 wrote:

The inference is that one phone is ATT compatable, but that is not the reality.  The reality if that any 6s/plus will work on any network.  I'm not sure why they didn't just make all the iPhones include band 30 and be done with it, but there you have it.

No one seems to know, and Apple isn't saying, as usual. The speculation seems to be that the band 30 requires an additional chip, or a different chipset, or whatever the technical term is. And that these are either more costly or in short supply, so they're not being included in all phones. 

The frustrating thing is that while Apple is notoriously tight-lipped about these details, the info they've posted on their site is confusing in a way that's starting to seem intentional. Reordering the list of specs for the phones to make them look more different than they are strikes me as more than just an oversight, but also half-a&#ed enough to feel like they're insulting our intelligence a bit. Many of us won't notice it at first, but eventually we will, and we'll point it out to others, so why not just fix it? 

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

6 y ago

Has anyone compared Apple's ship dates to AT&T's? Mine looks like AT&T has just added two weeks onto Apple's ship date, and that would fit with the number of people who have commented about getting a mid-October date but then getting their phones on or shortly after the release date. 

Adding two weeks might just be a cushion for AT&T, but it might also imply that Apple has the phones shipped them, then turns them around to AT&T so they can ship them to us. That seems like a wasted step, and the sort of inefficiency that most companies try to avoid nowadays, but I'm new this year to ordering my iPhone through AT&T (well, actually ordering through anyone but Apple) so I don't know how it will turn out. 

jjallison1

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

6 y ago

Abed, the people who bought directly from Apple are going to get model A1688 on 9/25.  The people who bought directly from ATT get model A1634, between Oct 16-26.  The issue is the backlight.  Read the prior comments for details.

txdude5101

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 y ago

How many people's order status says preparing to ship already?

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

6 y ago

@jjallison1 wrote:

Abed, the people who bought directly from Apple are going to get model A1688 on 9/25.  The people who bought directly from ATT get model A1634, between Oct 16-26.  The issue is the backlight.  Read the prior comments for details.

I've read the whole thread. You claim this, but how do you know it? And why would Apple ask for your carrier info and then ship customers the T-Mobile phone? Seems highly unlikely. But I guess we'll just wait and see. 

stevensh1

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

6 y ago

@jjallison1 wrote:

I can agree with everything else you say, but not the shipment of different phones from different sources, lets picture this, I bought via ATT and got the 1634 phone, while my friend bought from Apple and got A1688, I get fast speeds he gets slow, he calls Apple/ATT and they tell him that he got the wrong phone ? This just does not makes sense at all... Especially that Apple is listing 1634 as ATT compatible phone. Here http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/ why would they ship you 1688 ?

Brett621

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

6 y ago

Does anyone else have different statuses showing up depending on whether you look on the mobile site or through the desktop site.  On the desktop site I get more details and under item status it shows preparing for shipment, but on the mobile site it just has an order status of in progress.  Both show the same October dates everyone else sees, just wondering if this is happening for anyone else.

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

6 y ago

@Brett621 wrote:

Does anyone else have different statuses showing up depending on whether you look on the mobile site or through the desktop site.  On the desktop site I get more details and under item status it shows preparing for shipment, but on the mobile site it just has an order status of in progress.  Both show the same October dates everyone else sees, just wondering if this is happening for anyone else.

I get the same dates. I also have a "Cancel" button, which I assume will go away once they're *really* preparing to ship my phone. 

Need help?
The new iPhone 13
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.