Celestial 50!
Supersonic 25!

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

Sat, Sep 12, 2015 7:29 AM

Closed

iPhone 6s Plus Shipping dates

Why is iPhone 6s Plus shipinng dates are Oct 16 - Oct 23 ? While on the Apple.com it shows delivers 25th... I already ordered from premier site, since I had no choice as I dont have ATT Next and do not wish to move to it. But why is the ship dates are so far out for the 6s Plus via ATT ?

I really hope it changes, but I have a bad feeling about this.....

jjallison1

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

6 y ago

Go to apples website, check the tech specs for the 6s/plus.  A1634 and A1688 are the same phone, just that A1634 has LTE band 30.

sousamagic

Mentor

• 

80 Messages

6 y ago

@jjallison1 wrote:

Well let's see, we have widely reported shortage of backlights... Clearly ATT is selling a different model of 6s.... Annnnd,  uummmmmmm,  THE DELIVERY DATE SAYS OCTOBER!

what else do you need my friend?

An official statement is the only thing to trust.  Since some have gotten statements from ATT that they will ship and others haven't there isn't a consensus.  Reported and confirmed are two different things.  ATT and many other carriers as Xcyzon has pointed out sell the same model while only 3 carriers sell the other.  I recently just purchased a 5s for my wife from ATT and was told shipping was over a week away, 2 days later it shipped.  So even on older well stocked phones ATT's shipping estimates are not correct.  Like I said earlier, either an official statement or next week when shipping starts will we know for sure.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

jjallison1

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

6 y ago

Hahaha, talking to you guys is like talking to religious fanatics.... Anyway, on 9/25 when you don't have your plus, you will know why.  Good night all!

Xcyzon

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

6 y ago

I find the statements "Clearly ATT is selling a different model of 6s" and "A1634 and A1688 are the same phone" interesting in very close posts....

Oh, on a brighter note, I believe if att knew this was an issue, they would have changed our status to what shows on the bottom of the order status page as order status options, which is:

"Back ordered
Items in your order are out of stock and will ship when they're available. We'll let you know when your items ship."

jjallison1

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

6 y ago

They are the same phone, almost.  A1634 has everything A1688 has, plus is does LTE band 30. Band 30 is specific to ATT.  Both phones will work on all networks, it's just that A1688 can not take advantage of LTE band 30.  That is why ATT, and it's MVNOs, will sell A1634.

sousamagic

Mentor

• 

80 Messages

6 y ago

This is exact quote from ATT chat

Me : ok I'm sure you've probably had a lot of questions about this, but do you know if the estimates are correct for the iPhone 6s plus shipping in october for all preorders or will there be some that do ship by launch day 9/25?   
 Me : for those preordered on 9/12 at 3am  
 AT&T : September 25, 2015 (:
jjallison1

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

6 y ago

You can't hit them for false advertising, their shipping estimate is Oct 16-26.... and most likely that is when we will get them.  That has been the date that was up since the first pre orders.  I ordered 11:50pm, a full 10 minutes before the official start, and mine said oct 16-26.  I ordered anyway because I want the band 30 and am willing to wait.

jjallison1

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

6 y ago

I know better.  Either you are full of it, or the rep is.  Either way, we will see 9/25 ;c)

sousamagic

Mentor

• 

80 Messages

6 y ago

@jjallison1 wrote:

You can't hit them for false advertising, their shipping estimate is Oct 16-26.... and most likely that is when we will get them.  That has been the date that was up since the first pre orders.  I ordered 11:50pm, a full 10 minutes before the official start, and mine said oct 16-26.  I ordered anyway because I want the band 30 and am willing to wait.

"False advertising or deceptive advertising is the use of false or misleading statements in advertising, and misrepresentation of the product at hand, which may negatively affect many stakeholders, especially consumers."

ATT and Apple both advertised 9/25 as launch date for iPhone 6s plus. If there was a known issue and they are not available anywhere on that day, that is false advertising because they used the promise of a phone on 9/25 never intending to fulfill that promise.

sousamagic

Mentor

• 

80 Messages

6 y ago

@jjallison1 wrote:

I know better.  Either you are full of it, or the rep is.  Either way, we will see 9/25 ;c)

Do you work for ATT or Apple and can give an official statement on their behalf?  But really that is all I have said is that the only way to know 100% is to wait or get an official statement.

jjallison1

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

6 y ago

Hahahahaha, good luck with that suit my friend.  Either way, as long as they make a "good faith effort" to produce, they are fine.  Cannot control supply chain issues.

sousamagic

Mentor

• 

80 Messages

6 y ago

@jjallison1 wrote:

Hahahahaha, good luck with that suit my friend.  Either way, as long as they make a "good faith effort" to produce, they are fine.  Cannot control supply chain issues.

Actually they can, it's just bad business to not have control over your final product.

jjallison1

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

6 y ago

Hey Sousa, really, we ain't getting plus on 9/25.  Now you can believe that or not, up to you.  Personally, I'd just adjust my expectations to October, and be much happier... Cause that is when we are gonna get it.

sousamagic

Mentor

• 

80 Messages

6 y ago

@jjallison1 wrote:

Hey Sousa, really, we ain't getting plus on 9/25.  Now you can believe that or not, up to you.  Personally, I'd just adjust my expectations to October, and be much happier... Cause that is when we are gonna get it.

One thing though is why would Apple sell a different model for ATT from their stores and online orders than they give to ATT to sell?  When Apple doesn't even list ATT as getting the other model why would they give that one to consumers on ATT?  I understand it CAN work on ATT but it isn't the one Apple is showing as default for ATT on their official page.

jjallison1

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

6 y ago

I agree with you, doesn't make much sense to me either.  Seems like it would have been easier to just have all the 6s support band 30 and make one phone.  Who knows, maybe the A1634 is a little more expense, and Apple is cutting costs by only having it in the phones that actually need it.  Either way, band 30 is new for ATT, and isn't even in all markets yet.  Once it is though, ATT LTE will be faster.

Need help?
The new iPhone 13
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.