Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
stevensh1's profile
stevensh1
100% warp speed!
Celestial 50!
Supersonic 25!

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

Sat, Sep 12, 2015 7:29 AM

iPhone 6s Plus Shipping dates

Why is iPhone 6s Plus shipinng dates are Oct 16 - Oct 23 ? While on the Apple.com it shows delivers 25th... I already ordered from premier site, since I had no choice as I dont have ATT Next and do not wish to move to it. But why is the ship dates are so far out for the 6s Plus via ATT ?

I really hope it changes, but I have a bad feeling about this.....

jjallison1

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

6 y ago

jjallison1

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

6 y ago

sousamagic

Mentor

• 

80 Messages

6 y ago

Some of the new posts seem to be reminiscent of growing up with friends saying my dad works for nintendo and if you use strength on this truck you can catch mew.  Or my uncle/friend's uncle/cousin etc works for such and such and they let me try out the new this or that etc.  I feel like we will all be better served dealing in facts and official updates than speculation based on what someone reads or hears about.

jjallison1

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

6 y ago

Way to stay positive!  Just google model A1634 and iPhone 6s plus backlight.  You will have official information.  Anyway, y'all can stay here wishing for 9/25 to pay off with a plus, but it won't.

stevensh1

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

6 y ago

sorry clicked wrong button on iphone  this is far from solution  

stevensh1

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

6 y ago

@jjallison1 wrote:

Way to stay positive!  Just google model A1634 and iPhone 6s plus backlight.  You will have official information.  Anyway, y'all can stay here wishing for 9/25 to pay off with a plus, but it won't.

the specifics of you speculations of the models and which got the backlight is the source Im looking for, specially that ATT has been aware ....

jjallison1

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

6 y ago

Doesn't matter Steven, I came here trying to spread some important info... Just to get belittled.  Stand by your door on 9/25 and wait for your plus.... Then call ATT CS when it doesn't arrive.

sousamagic

Mentor

• 

80 Messages

6 y ago

Reading the articles on the backlight issue will get you nowhere.  First it isn't officially stated by Apple so you have to take it with a grain of salt.  Yes the insider has been right mostly but not 100%.  Secondly it never mentions preorders not being met but future orders now being pushed back for second wave.  That leaves some available for release day delivery.  Finally it says there should be up to 2 million on hand on the launch day seemingly indicating that those would be extras not already sold through preorders if they're available for sale on launch day.  Any way unless Apple or ATT gives an official statement we won't know until next week when phones will either ship or they won't.

jjallison1

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

6 y ago

What has happened, and will happen, is that ATT people who ordered from Apple will get model A1688.  As will in Apple store launch day people.  The affected units are A1634, sold by ATT directly.  That is why the online delivery time is OCT 16-26... And ATT stores will not have plus on launch day.

Xcyzon

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

6 y ago

Actually, the amount of carriers that the att model incorporates (A1634) is, according to Apple's web site, 32. And that's only in the U.S. The amount of carriers that the A1688 includes in the U.S. is 3. 

jjallison1

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

6 y ago

Wrong.  Both models are identical... With the exception of A1634 having LTE band 30.

sousamagic

Mentor

• 

80 Messages

6 y ago

@jjallison1 wrote:

What has happened, and will happen, is that ATT people who ordered from Apple will get model A1688.  As will in Apple store launch day people.  The affected units are A1634, sold by ATT directly.  That is why the online delivery time is OCT 16-26... And ATT stores will not have plus on launch day.

Again do you have proof other than hearsay and conjecture?  Legally if there are none on hand or delivered on launch day it could be considered false advertisement by ATT.  I'm pretty sure if there could be a problem of legal issues then ATT and Apple would get ahead of it and make an official announcement.

jjallison1

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

6 y ago

Well let's see, we have widely reported shortage of backlights... Clearly ATT is selling a different model of 6s.... Annnnd,  uummmmmmm,  THE DELIVERY DATE SAYS OCTOBER!

what else do you need my friend?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 y ago

Hmm. Did none of you preorder last year?! Last year I stayed up all night waiting to put my preorders in just like everyone else. Was met with the at&t can not process your order at this time, was finally able to get my order through like three or four hours after launch. Order status kept saying end of October as Apple was still saying launch day. Last year there was an issue making the screens to apples quality (sounds like this years backlight issue). Go and behold the night before launch day comes and guess what I get a tracking number. I received my phone the following Monday from launch day. Anybody know Aaron Rodgers from the Green Bay Packers? Take his advice and "Relax". Don't go getting in a pickle until the end of next week. Also ever heard of under promise and over deliver? Wouldn't you much rather AT&T do that than to tel you launch day and something crazy happens like a plane of iPhone gets hijacked or something nuts so that they can't get you your phone you need so bad on launch day?

Xcyzon

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

6 y ago

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.