Uniquely for you. Order the new Google Pixel 6, now!
stevensh1's profile
stevensh1
100% warp speed!
Celestial 50!
Supersonic 25!

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

Sat, Sep 12, 2015 7:29 AM

iPhone 6s Plus Shipping dates

Why is iPhone 6s Plus shipinng dates are Oct 16 - Oct 23 ? While on the Apple.com it shows delivers 25th... I already ordered from premier site, since I had no choice as I dont have ATT Next and do not wish to move to it. But why is the ship dates are so far out for the 6s Plus via ATT ?

I really hope it changes, but I have a bad feeling about this.....

JoeN00

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

6 y ago

Mine wasn't eligible for the recall

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

6 y ago

Thats disheartening.

Sorry to hear.

sousamagic

Mentor

• 

80 Messages

6 y ago

I had to try 3 ways to order my phone on Saturday morning. First was through my browser on my phone, showed the option for 6s and 6s plus but when clicked wouldn't give order options.  Second was through myAtt app where I got all the way to the end but when it came to confirmation the 2 year contract price disappeared and the full price popped up.  Finally was able to get on the laptop and order with 2-year agreement which normally says isn't available in my area, but was there and the price stayed and finally got the 128 Silver 6s+ ordered at 3:30am EST.  

I didn't receive a confirmation email just a thank you one on Saturday but yesterday I recieved the confirmation email and my order status changed to preparing to ship/in progress where it was just in progress.   All this with my charge on my CC still active but a date of 10/16 -10/23.  Not sure what is going on.

Updated: my CC charge is now gone...go figure.

stevensh1

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

6 y ago

So after the 22GB unlimited throttle news and the fact that we will get band 30 with this new phones, I`m not feeling that bad anymore about waiting (if) the phones do ship late, in long run I think I made a better choice, by not moving to NEXT and not getting the 6s or unlocked phone..... 

I`m still upset about the lack of communication from ATT side on the whole shippment dates, but not as upset as I was on the 12th at 3:03am EST 🙂

JoeN00

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

6 y ago

Definitely, in the long run, if you can afford the wait (if there is a
wait), I'm sure the 6S+ will be worth it! Also agree that the lack of
communication and consistency in messaging is the real disappointment.

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

6 y ago

@JoeN00 wrote:
Definitely, in the long run, if you can afford the wait (if there is a
wait), I'm sure the 6S+ will be worth it! Also agree that the lack of
communication and consistency in messaging is the real disappointment.

Really, this is par for the course. Can you imagin, every year AT&T improves things just a little bit, a smidgen, yet they hear the same message. Part, I think, is that they don't know the answers, themselves. On top of that, hiring flex force to handle the increased load and there's not enough time to properly train staff. Sometimes you get a good CSR, and at others, oblivian.

I am not trying to say they are not at fault, but I am trying to say, it's a problem that does not seem to be going away. I hear the same messages about Apple and other phone companies. There is no perfect experience, just some degrees of incompitancey, yet it takes great skill and organization just to get this far.

Imagine calling and getting Peggy from the Capital One commmercials. It's like that at times. "Look at all the pretty lights"

sousamagic

Mentor

• 

80 Messages

6 y ago

My biggest concern and pain with this was the discontinuation of 2yr upgrades at ATT corporate stores.  I was fine going to be in line and found it kind of fun really.  It became something I looked forward to each year.  Now the only way was online so instead of being in control of when I would get my phone, I have to wait on ATT's distribution to get their act together.

txdude5101

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 y ago

So the real question is has anyone actually been fully charged and had an update to their shipping dates.

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

6 y ago

No change... Smiley Sad

jjallison1

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

6 y ago

We are all out of luck with the plus.  Apple had some backlight issues with the vendor and is "working to solve the problem."  As far as I can tell, all of us who ordered on ATT website are burnt until October.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 y ago

I finally have an update! I did a Live Chat and finally had someone helpful. They checked my order status on their end and said it showed 'complete' and that it would be shipping to the carrier (UPS/FedEx/etc) between September 16-26. My "Check Order Status" still says 'In Progress' with the estimated delivery dates in October as with everyone else.

I was one who was able to place my order at 2:59AM EDT (So just before the 3:01AM EDT start time). I also recieved a text message on Sunday at 8:43PM EDT stating that my order had been processed.

There is still hope!

jjallison1

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

6 y ago

There isn't hope.  My wife works for Apple.  AT&T people are going to be waiting till the end of October.  Sorry to say, but we are absolutely out when it comes to the plus.

stevensh1

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

6 y ago

I just saw that I`m charged $45 fee already.

collapseOne-Time Charges

Upgrade Fee  09/12
$45.00

Total One-Time Charges
$45.00
jjallison1

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

6 y ago

That's all well and good, except the model of plus we get is A1634.  The other carriers get A1688.  Apple put the supply of backlights they had into the A1688 first, because it covered more carriers.    Apparently AT&T has been aware of this problem from the beginning.  All the AT&T reps will tell people ANYTHING to get them to stop calling CS... Anything except you will for sure get your plus on 9/25.

stevensh1

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

6 y ago

@jjallison1 wrote:

That's all well and good, except the model of plus we get is A1634.  The other carriers get A1688.  Apple put the supply of backlights they had into the A1688 first, because it covered more carriers.    Apparently AT&T has been aware of this problem from the beginning.  All the AT&T reps will tell people ANYTHING to get them to stop calling CS... Anything except you will for sure get your plus on 9/25.

I`m sorry, can you provide source of all this info ?

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.