Announcements
Learn how you can Preorder the iPhone 13 now!
stevensh1's profile
stevensh1
100% warp speed!
Celestial 50!
Supersonic 25!

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

Sat, Sep 12, 2015 7:29 AM

iPhone 6s Plus Shipping dates

Why is iPhone 6s Plus shipinng dates are Oct 16 - Oct 23 ? While on the Apple.com it shows delivers 25th... I already ordered from premier site, since I had no choice as I dont have ATT Next and do not wish to move to it. But why is the ship dates are so far out for the 6s Plus via ATT ?

I really hope it changes, but I have a bad feeling about this.....

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 y ago

I just spoke to a rep from ATT and they told me the iphone 6s plus will ship on or after the release date. That means nobody is getting their phone on release day but atleast it shouldnt take untill mid october. Our best case scenario is a few days after release it seems.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 y ago

After further research, I kind of regretted buying the 64GB. So with all the problems with the 6s Plus and expected delayed delivery date, I decided to cancel my order w/ AT&T. I then went to Apple to order the 6s 128GB and was able to pre-order it with expected delivery date on 9/25 (which I know is guaranteed because I normally order w/ Apple). Seems like the 6s Plus will be delayed so I can kind of look at it as a blessing in disguise because it let me cancel and get the the bigger memory and re-evaluate having the 6s over the 6s Plus.

Good luck to everyone else!

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

6 y ago

@cwinlags wrote:

After further research, I kind of regretted buying the 64GB. So with all the problems with the 6s Plus and expected delayed delivery date, I decided to cancel my order w/ AT&T. I then went to Apple to order the 6s 128GB and was able to pre-order it with expected delivery date on 9/25 (which I know is guaranteed because I normally order w/ Apple). Seems like the 6s Plus will be delayed so I can kind of look at it as a blessing in disguise because it let me cancel and get the the bigger memory and re-evaluate having the 6s over the 6s Plus.

Good luck to everyone else!

Ahhhh - you can't take the heat... No that's fine. I personally want the 6S Plus. I want the Optical Stablisation it has, now for both photos and video. I want the 1920x1080P full HD screen. I wan't the larger text so I can read easier.

I contiplated getting the 6S, but the features I mentioned keep me wanting the Plus.

I went for the 6 Plus 128GB last year. I paid $499 for it. I sqeeked by and didn't have to carry a charge, however I did drop it, and included an extra AppleCare+ for insurance. All of these things I regretted. I am using well under 64GB as it is. I think I can manange living in a 64GB model. Now I have this huge 128GB phone that I am pretty sure none of my family members will be able to fill up. It's amazing how $100 will make you feel. The difference between bliss and remorse.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 y ago

I was able to preorder the iPhone 6S Plus, 64gb two minutes before orders began using the AT&T app. I was shocked that it allowed me to do so. With that, it still shows an eta of 10/16-10/23. I figured I'd be one of the lucky ones to have ordered first and was thinking I'd get my phone sooner than most, but this makes me second guess that. 

cgalloni

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 y ago

well my credit card transaction is no longer there, so I am assuming they will not charge the card until the phone is shipped which is good. just FYI

stevensh1

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

6 y ago

Even though I know it’s pointless, I chatted with CS. I was told this:

AT&T : I am very sorry. However, at this time since the order is only available for pre-order we are not supplied with inventory levels. I am also not able to see where your place is in the queue.

and also this:

AT&T : I am very sorry. However, due to the high demand for this new product we would have to go based of the information that has been generated. The order can be shipped out sooner due to the fact that since you have already placed a pre-order, your order has already been placed on a queue.

From this and based on other information that people posted on this and other forums. 

Apple has production constrains with 6s Plus models, across the board, not just ATT model. ATT at lower level does not have any idea when they will get the Plus in stock and hence can not provide a real date, 10/16/2015 to 10/23/2015 is just a place holder, because something needed to be provided.... The real ship date could be out from that or could be earlier then that, but I think at this point it is not known by anyone....

It is also possible that Apple secures all produced units for its self first and then distributes them to carriers after there stock is full and that’s why the units sold via Apple.com have an actual launch day ship date. 

At this point nothing can be done, as ATT claiming that those are not real ship dates and they don’t have any shipping estimate at this time, besides what system generated. I`m going to step back and stop reading all this forums until around 20th or so. 

EDIT:

Just forgot to mention one thing. What really gets me upset is the fact that ATT did not warn users about this shortage and made us believe that if we order early enough (IE 3am EST) we will be first in line for the launch day 9/25.... ATT must at least had an idea that there was shortage and units might have a way out date, ahead of 3am preorder. And for that, if the phone does not come on the 25th, I will be having converstations with ATT. Lets all just wait and see.... 

cheng_jia

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

6 y ago

I'm afraid that would be the shipping date according to what I've been reading in the past few days. :[

cgalloni

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 y ago

Given the information that i have gathered, I doubt ver much that the phones will get delivered before the 16th of Oct. Lets be hopeful but also realistic. 

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

6 y ago

But you gotta have faith, faith, faith, you gotta have faith, faith, faith. 

faith

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 y ago

Ordered at 1:15AM. Ship date 16-23.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 y ago

Preordered 128GB space grey 6s+ right at 2am Central. Confirmation emails at 2:04am and 2:11am.  Ship date estimate October 16-23.  Confirmation Text at 721pm on 09/13.   

I also chatted with a rep who told me the dates were accurate.  

I wouldn't be so frustrated if the ATT reps were giving consistent information.   Every post I read says something different.   It's a couple of days out from the release date and no one can provide any solid information.    

JoeN00

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

6 y ago

I cancelled my order. I'm actually thinking of paying full retail through apple, and then when my wife's contract is up next year, we'll switch to Verizon or one of the others. (AT&T will probably celebrate getting rid of two more grandfathered unlimited data plans). It's pretty ridiculous that AT&T would have people get up at 3:00 am to order a phone that they had to know they wouldn't be able to ship for a month. Why not tell people the 6S+ was going to be unavailable? I usually don't care about getting my phone on launch day, but I've been nursing my iPhone 5 for months waiting for this to come out. The battery barely lasts an hour off the charger, so I need a new phone and can't wait for AT&T to get its act together. If they'd just let people upgrade on the 2 year contract through apple, Best Buy, target, etc., this wouldn't be an issue. If you ordered through Apple on the 12th, you'd be getting the plus on launch day. It's only now that the delivery times have slipped.

benjitek

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

6 y ago

They'll come when they come Smiley Surprised

I'd much prefer the Apple purchase experience.  With AT&T it's like going to Reno instead of Las Vegas.  Unfortunately, it was the only option for upgrading.  Using the Apple site, it was Next or full-retail only.

I'll bet most of us who were pre-ordered as soon as it opened up will get our iPhones sooner than quoted.  Launch day...?  ...dunno Smiley Frustrated

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

6 y ago

@JoeN00 wrote:
AT&T will probably celebrate getting rid of two more grandfathered unlimited data plans.

Especially now: http://9to5mac.com/2015/09/15/att-wont-throttle-unlimited-data-in-congestion-until-users-hit-22gb-an-over-4x-increase/

Smiley Happy

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

6 y ago

@JoeN00 wrote:
I cancelled my order. I'm actually thinking of paying full retail through apple, and then when my wife's contract is up next year, we'll switch to Verizon or one of the others. (AT&T will probably celebrate getting rid of two more grandfathered unlimited data plans). It's pretty ridiculous that AT&T would have people get up at 3:00 am to order a phone that they had to know they wouldn't be able to ship for a month. Why not tell people the 6S+ was going to be unavailable? I usually don't care about getting my phone on launch day, but I've been nursing my iPhone 5 for months waiting for this to come out. The battery barely lasts an hour off the charger, so I need a new phone and can't wait for AT&T to get its act together. If they'd just let people upgrade on the 2 year contract through apple, Best Buy, target, etc., this wouldn't be an issue. If you ordered through Apple on the 12th, you'd be getting the plus on launch day. It's only now that the delivery times have slipped.

There was a recall on the iPhone 5 battery. I had my battery replaced less than a year ago. The phone continued to fail, so they replaced my phone with a brand new one. Same model though.

New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.