Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
What is happening with 3G?
Wowo58's profile
Wowo58
Celestial 50!
Supersonic 25!
#1 Star!

Mentor

• 

75 Messages

Tue, Oct 7, 2014 4:10 AM

Closed

Iphone 6 plus order dates compared to ship dates

I am not a pre-order person and didn't pre-order this time.  However, I needed another phone for business and decided to order the iphone plus as a personal line.  I ordered the iPhone 6 plus 64 gb in gold on September 22 and have a shipping date of October 30-November 10.  

In my logical way of thinking I believe orders should be filled by date ordered, period.  For those of you that ordered before me I believe you should have your orders fulfilled prior to me receiving mine.  

I am as anxious as everyone else to get my phone and am hoping for a glimmer of hope here.  So if you wouldn't mind can you please tell me when you ordered your phone and the date of shipping you were given?  If you have received your phone was it shipped to you within the shipping dates? Earlier or later?

Also does anyone have a timeframe for Lifeproof cases or Otterbox for iphone 6 plus?

Wowo58

Mentor

• 

75 Messages

7 y ago

I agree whitefalcon111. Apple clearly gave themselves and advantage.  I spoke with an Apple rep this evening that told me if I had ordered my phone from them it would have already be in my hands.  That spoke volumes to me.  

If the ATT vendor rep dropped the ball on this one I would bet someones job is on the line.  There are far to many unhappy customers for there not to be consequences.  

Jeruhme93

Mentor

• 

50 Messages

7 y ago

Ordered my 64 GB iphone 6 in silver on 9/23 and my shipping date is 10/13-22 and its been "preparing to ship" every since. Reading some of these replies of people ordering the same phones way later than mine all the way into October and have already received their iphones or at least have it shipped is really pissingg me off to be honest. I really would like to know what the helll is going on over there that they cant even ship in order. They shouldnt even be releasing the iphone in anymore countries until they get their crap together and everybody over here gets their phones first. 

Wowo58

Mentor

• 

75 Messages

7 y ago

@rkberman

I don't think Apple or ATT intentionally mislead customers.  I think part of the failure here was that Apple did not expect the orders for the phones to be the volume they were in presell or there after.  They were bombarded with orders for the 6plus when they thought the 6 would be the bigger seller.  

I have no idea how ATT gets the deliver timeframes they do but it would have to be from Apple.  What I don't like about the process is that an Apple rep told me tonight had I ordered direct from them I would have had my phone in hand by now.  What does that say to you?  To me it says Apple is fulfilling Apple orders first and failing their carriers and carriers failing customers.  It is a win win for Apple.  Apple's products still sell and they have EVERY carrier selling and on board with their products. If a customer dumps their carrier they will still use Apple products and simply go to another carrier.  Apple loses nothing.  

On the other hand, the carriers have everything to lose..they lose customers that can go to another carrier.  

It's big business and it is all about the bottom line which is $$$.  Apple is the big winner here so would they keep carriers in the dark about the next big thing?  Sure they would.  

Think about it..they still have orders to fulfill in the first places they released the phones yet they have opened up presales in several other countries.  

I just can't place complete blame on ATT or any of the carriers here..this is a direct Apple issue and a distribution nightmare for customers.  The carriers can only distribute what the suppliers sends them.  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 y ago

Long story short. I have been looking a 6 plus in stock for all of those which spe stores near by keep trying. It took me 10 days to be able to catch one in store. Granted I have 3 Apple stores within 1 hour and 6 stores within 2 hours. So use a site out there called istocknow and the apple app to keep a search on stock. You can find one. I found my 6 plus in the size and color I wanted 64gb grey yesterday on a walk in just to check and they had numerous 6 plus at the Durham Southpoint Apple store in North Carolina. Surprised my wife by giving her my gold 128gb 6 I got on launch day and yesterday was a good day.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 y ago

I feel all your pain so I hope you all are checking this forum frequently. May have good news for all. I don't know if you all are aware but there is a site call istocknow. They show up to the second inventory of iPhone stock at Apple stores. I found my iPhone 6 plus yesterday on a walk in as the site was down due to apples sites being down because of the keynote yesterday. Anyway. I am seeing iPhone 6 and 6 plus in stock across all colors and all storage sizes across all carriers right now. And this is not in isolated areas. The entire country is showing dramatically more iPhone 6 U.S. stock than it showed 2 days ago. So for those that can go cancel those orders and go to your nearest Apple store immediately and get yourself a phone

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

7 y ago

I'm still waiting for my iPhone 6 Plus 128 Gray.

I've been following iStocknow to see when the phone comes up in my area.  An Apple Store about 1.5 hours away has it in stock right now (I can't go there at the moment).  I've also pre-ordered the phone, with an expected ship date of 11/7-11/27. 

Here's what I'm wondering.  If one pops up at a closer store, how much of a pain will it be to get my current order cancelled and pick it up at a close by Apple Store?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 y ago

I ordered a silver 128 6 plus on the 14 and have 11/09 ship dates. Does not look like its coming any earlier which is frustrating. While this is a supply problem, I have seen orders of the same phone later than mine with earlier shipping dates which is what I do not understand.

Scholar

• 

115 Messages

7 y ago

Thanks for those that shared the istocknow site. That site http://www.istocknow.com/us#apple is an excellent resource!

I checked it for San Diego area and unfortunately it looks like a hurrican was here and took all the iPhones 6 and 6 plus models in all thier varieties. I am thinking there may be more iPhones in the Eastern State regions then in the West Coast States. 

If you dont have some special deal holding you to your preorder at ATT such as a buy back you recieved an an iPhone 4 or 5, then there is nothing holding you to the ATT wait for iPhone jail were all in the long ATT iPhone wait here.

Steps to get out of ATT iPhone wait jail:

1. If that is the case, I would recommend checking to see if there is an iPhone store next to you that has the phone you want This is easy using http://www.istocknow.com/us#apple.
  2. If an Apple store has the iPhone you want close to you, call the apple store and see if they can hold the iPhone you want for you till end of day.
  3. Go into the ATT store and tell them you are frustrated waiting and see its available at Apple and want to cancel your order and get it there.
  4. I would think it may take 3 - 4 hours or such to clear up your contract you used to put the iPhone on hold at ATT and make it so you can purchase your iPhone at Apple
  5. Go to Apple and get your iPhone.
  6. Please dont forget to let us all know how you did here. 🙂

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 y ago

I hunted for like I said about ten days for the timing to be just right for me to find a plus in stock. I can tell you this that it appears that Apple stores get mumtie shipments a day of iPhone stock. It is random and the amount of phones they get is also random. Also colors, carriers, storage is random. Maybe not random but limited. I would say that maybe I lucked out because of the keynote having the sites down and no one was able to buy the phones online before I could get there physically in store. But it is possible to find one in store. It gets frustrating but with a constant checking of the stores stock and maybe a little filed trip to your Apple store to watch for incoming logistics deliveries you can increase your chances of finding what you want. Also the best time to look at istock and then the Apple Store app to biy your phone for in store pickup is around 5-6 am and then around 11-12 am then again around 2 pm. These were the times that I noticed the apple stores in my area suddenly get iPhone 6 plus in stock. I wish you all the best of luck. And the plus is a great device. I would recommend the invisible shield "glass" screen protector. It's like having no protector at all. Worth the $ if you want to get the most of your device visually while protecting it

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 y ago

A call won't get your phone held. If you go into the Apple stire you can get a reservation pass to buy the phone you want till close maybe show up 30 minutes before close if you can reserve the phone in the morning you can have all day to potentiall get out of you're previous purchase.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 y ago

Ordered mine 9-12 at about 4pm iphone6 plus SG 64 never had any date other then 11-9/11-27 I've been a customer for 8 years I called in to cancel my account because at sprint and version here where I live I can get any size plus or 6 any color right now its complete bull, they begged me to stay as a customer and offered a free case to stay. This is the first time I've ever pre ordered any phone and after this service I never will again and I'm still thinking of switching carriers anyways.

Scholar

• 

115 Messages

7 y ago

Updated thanks to excellent information provided by Sneakerhead

Steps to get out of ATT iPhone wait jail:

Make sure you do not have any loop holes that could impact your getting an iPhone such as you traded in an iPhone 4 or 5, and could lose your trade in if you go to Apple.

1. Check istocknow for iPhone avialability http://www.istocknow.com/us#apple.
  2. Also, check the Apple Store Web site frequently. Deliveries are random so to be successful it will require some urgency and dilligence on your part to locate an iPhone you want.

3. Apple Store receives iPhone stocks several times in the day    

5:00 – 6:00 am, so Check 7:00 am – 8:00 am

11:00 am -12 pm, so Check 1:00 pm – 2:00 am

2:00 – 3:00 pm, so Check 4:00 pm – 5:00 am

• When you find that the store close to you has the iPhone your wanting, go into the Apple web site, http://store.apple.com/us.  You can get a reservation pass to buy the phone you want till close maybe show up 30 minutes before close if you can reserve the phone in the morning you can have all day to potential get out of you're previous purchase.
  • Go into the ATT store and tell them you are frustrated waiting and see its available at Apple and want to cancel your order and get it there.
  • I would think it may take 3 - 4 hours or such to clear up your contract you used to put the iPhone on hold at ATT and make it so you can purchase your iPhone at Apple
  • Go to Apple and get your iPhone.
  • Please dont forget to let us all know how you did here. :smileyhappy:

Scholar

• 

115 Messages

7 y ago

"Crymore12345 Oct 17, 2014 10:16:39 AM

"Ordered mine 9-12 at about 4pm iphone6 plus SG 64 never had any date other then 11-9/11-27 I've been a customer for 8 years I called in to cancel my account because at sprint and version here where I live I can get any size plus or 6 any color right now its complete bull, they begged me to stay as a customer and offered a free case to stay. This is the first time I've ever pre ordered any phone and after this service I never will again and I'm still thinking of switching carriers anyways."

Crymore thanks for posting, we all in the same boat feel for you. It sounds like you have a way to get your iPhone through using other vendors. 

It is too bad you had to switch carriers to get the iPhone. Many of us here have several services through ATT, so moving is not a good option. The only down side I can see in your idea is you will lose your loyalty advantage in this switch. That over time can result in savings by bundled services etc. Please let us know how it goes.

Wowo58

Mentor

• 

75 Messages

7 y ago

I run a business and I just don't have time to constantly search websites and call stores for the particular phone I ordered.  I think it is extremely said that the stores are being stocked before exsisting orders are filled.  

I have called other carriers and was told 3 to 4 weeks.  I also called Apple only to be told 3 to 4 weeks on the device I ordered.  I hate waiting but for someone with a family, a business and so little time I have no choice but to wait.  I don't have the time to drive an hour and a half to pick up a device if I found it in a store.  The nearest Apple store is 45 minutes and ATT store is the same.  

Scholar

• 

115 Messages

7 y ago

Follow up on

Wowo58

Oct 17, 2014 10:59:37 AM

“I run a business and I just don't have time to constantly search websites and call stores for the particular phone I ordered.  I think it is extremely said that the stores are being stocked before existing orders are filled.  

I have called other carriers and was told 3 to 4 weeks.  I also called Apple only to be told 3 to 4 weeks on the device I ordered.  I hate waiting but for someone with a family, a business and so little time I have no choice but to wait.  I don't have the time to drive an hour and a half to pick up a device if I found it in a store.  The nearest Apple store is 45 minutes and ATT store is the same.”

I agree Wowo58 checking constantly is not realistic for many here. I put that there as an option for some if they have time. Any idea that moves one forward to getting an iPhone is good in my view. The only other option is to wait and hope for the best. That is what I am doing. It looks like that is what you are doing to.

Thanks for your helpful comments here.

Need help?
The new iPhone 13
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.