Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
What is happening with 3G?
Wowo58's profile
Wowo58
Celestial 50!
Supersonic 25!
#1 Star!

Mentor

• 

75 Messages

Tue, Oct 7, 2014 4:10 AM

Closed

Iphone 6 plus order dates compared to ship dates

I am not a pre-order person and didn't pre-order this time.  However, I needed another phone for business and decided to order the iphone plus as a personal line.  I ordered the iPhone 6 plus 64 gb in gold on September 22 and have a shipping date of October 30-November 10.  

In my logical way of thinking I believe orders should be filled by date ordered, period.  For those of you that ordered before me I believe you should have your orders fulfilled prior to me receiving mine.  

I am as anxious as everyone else to get my phone and am hoping for a glimmer of hope here.  So if you wouldn't mind can you please tell me when you ordered your phone and the date of shipping you were given?  If you have received your phone was it shipped to you within the shipping dates? Earlier or later?

Also does anyone have a timeframe for Lifeproof cases or Otterbox for iphone 6 plus?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 y ago

I ordered iphone 6+ 64gb silver on 9/12. In store told me would be up to 45 days but would more than likely ship sooner. Still no update on shipping and the date says 11/9-11/27. If other people are ordering later and getting sooner shipping dates, that's bull. Att sucks. A guy I know canceled his order then went to the Apple Store and ordeted it and already got his. I shoulda did that too. Now I gotta wait until almost December.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 y ago

I too ordered the iPhone 6 plus 64 gb in gold on September 22 and have a shipping date of October 30-November 10. I called AT&T to inquire about the long delay of my order and spoke to someone outside of the USA. Each time I asked a question about my delivery status they just kept repeating, "So sorry for your inconvenience."

All of the previous times I ordered Apple devices, I placed my order directly thru Apple, they arrived very quickly. After this experience with my order thru AT&T, I have decided to go back to ordering directly thru Apple.
Wowo58

Mentor

• 

75 Messages

7 y ago

Target "REFUSED" to sell you the phone?  Wow.  I would have demanded an explaination right then and there.  I would also be writing Target Corporate office and demanding to know what they are talking about?  That is horrible.  

How do they have the right NOT to sell the phone to you?  How do they have the right not to sell to ANYONE?  

Wowo58

Mentor

• 

75 Messages

7 y ago

@Shasta0406  I ordered the exact same phone as you did on the same date as you did.  Your shipping dates are exactly the same dates I was given as well.  I have no information, the same as you but I did speak to one CSR on chat that told me the delivery was 17 to 21 days and that I should have shipping info on the 17th and phone in hand on Monday.  I did some checking with corporate office to find out I had been lied to and they can't explain why I was told that..but just in case I saved the chat session.  (not that it will help anything).  I thought I had hope..but I don't.  I will let you know when my ships and you do the same.  

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

7 y ago

Here is what is happening.
1. If you call direct they tell you absolutely no more than you already see on the website.

2. If they offer you the SUPER SECRET number they tell you exactly the same thing. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. You will get your phone when they feel like they want to give it to you. No more no less.
fb88

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

7 y ago

6+ 64gb gold original email delivery date is 11/09/2014 to 11/27/2014.

Received email today that phone has been shipped.

Maybe gold is the least in demand...

Scholar

• 

115 Messages

7 y ago

It is good that we all post here.

I believe that there is everything to gain by it and nothing to lose.

We are all in this together.

An important thing to consider is people will lie, tell you what you want to hear and promise what they know wont happen. The chat person that promised a Monday delivery did this. Unfortunately this leads to distrust and a feeling of resentment because of the betrayl of confidence given by the chat host. 

Thank you for posting that here though. It lets us all know that chat is not going to help things. We are left to wait.

So were at the bottom of the stack. That is a horrid place to be. I dont plan on just waiting here singing happy. I plan on commenting on these boards alot. Why? This is not fair and maybe it will make a difference. More important it alerts any monitors from ATT that there was incorrect information given to a customer. "Not Good." Definitely should be addressed. If there is a doubt there is the chat log as evidence. Good job getting this. Anyone else dealing with ATT should note the Date, Time and name of the person your talking to. If questioned by ATT for details of what happened this is the first thing upper management at ATT will ask for, so it is vital that everyone keeps detailed notes and captures logs. Remember If you have a chat keep a log of the chat.

I once was in a similar issue and did the same. I eventually had the manager of a software support group called me directly and I was given first class treatment. I am not saying that will happen here. But good can come of it.

Here are the possible pros of posting here:

1. Possible exposure of our unhappiness to upper management
  2. Exposure of lies and mis messages told to us signals that there are issues that need correction
  3. The remote possiblility that ATT will get with the Apple rep at ATT and ask why is this happening. Seeing our comments here. We are not happy. We deserve better ATT!
  4. The next step is iPhones are created and released to the 3rd party vendors. But which vendor gets the iPhones first and which second etc. That is where commenting here can make a difference. It could be a much of a difference as getting the iPhone 2 weeks faster then you would have if you said nothing. 
Wowo58

Mentor

• 

75 Messages

7 y ago

Be assured they do read these boards, that is why the boards are here.  Expressing displeasure in this process can only help.  It lets us vent as well as gives att a bug that this process has been a negative one for it's customers.  

Checking emails, calling the CSR's and arguing with them helps nothing.  It does not expedite the process in any way.  

But I can tell you that canceling with ATT and going to Apple will not the phones any sooner at this point, nor will jumping carriers. It is a waiting game now..and we are all waiting together.   I would really just prefer the truth rather than hearing a lie that will turn into a broken promise.  

Scholar

• 

115 Messages

7 y ago

Wowo58 is absolutely right. Everyone should post here one post every day. Imagine how alarmed the monitors will be when they see all of the posts from frustrated customers. Most topic posts have maybe 14 posts total at most and ours is 150 growing by 20 every day... Think about it. Doesnt that paint a good picture for us?

What Wowo58 said about talking to Reps directly is true.

Think about it, if you call them and tell them how frustrated you are do you really think they will log that. It is nothing good for them, and may make them look bad. It is a much better story that all of the customers are patiently waiting and were not happy but no big deal we understand.

The truth ATT is were between a rock and a hard place and we are forced to wait. Do not assume that we are happy. We definitely are not. I will wait, I wont switch to Verizon. But I have talked to my friends who have Verizon and they are happy now they ordered from them and not ATT. Do you think they would consider moving from Verizon to ATT after talking to me? So damage has been done. I wont leave ATT but I doubt in the future my friends would leave Verizon to come to ATT after they have seen my misery in waiting. Sad story...

Many of us will be ordering an iPhone next year for one reason or another. How do you think ATT that this experience will effect our ordering steps next year or in two years? Think about it?

So ATT its in your best interest to at the bare minimum post here and tell us something that will make the waiting a bit easier. Please let us know that you are trying to do something to help us. Let us know details about the order process. How are the dates calculated? Knowledge is alot better then the ambiguity that is there now. We are getting alot of cold air and lies in some cases. Wow that last thought is alarming isnt it? Some of the Reps dont know what to do so they are telling us whatever. I would rather know the truth...

Forum Posters, keep posting here, lets do what we can here to help things move forward for us.

Wowo58

Mentor

• 

75 Messages

7 y ago

The next time I want a new phone and will be eligble on my other line when the next big thing arrives..I will likely order direct from Apple.  I spoke to an Apple CSR tonight and was told had I ordered directly from Apple I would have already have had my phone.  

My issue with that is that if Apple is not going to honor agreements with it's carriers, then Apple should be the only seller of their products.  Apple is the supplier and have failed to meet the demand or supply carriers so carriers could supply customers.  

It speaks volumes when they say "if you had ordered from Apple".  

I don't think ATT expected they would have to put customers on hold because Apple is not fulfilling according to time of order. 

ATT can ONLY ship to us what Apple sends to them and it looks as though Apple is sending these phones in trickles rather than in volume.  

I am frustrated but I know the majority of the problem is with the supplier.  ATT's failure is lack of information to employees and employess giving information they suspect rather than information that is factual.  

No I won't leave ATT and I won't stop using Apple products.  I am not an Android or windows person.  I am pure Apple all the way.  I have all my services through ATT..phone, internet, cable and have been with them for a long time.  It would be more expensive for me to go elsewhere because of the packages I have with them.  

Scholar

• 

115 Messages

7 y ago

Agreed Wow058. I do think Apple definitely has a place in this. But Some vendors are getting phones faster then others. By this I mean Verizon appears to get iPhones faster then ATT. Perhaps the Verizon rep that dealt with Apple was more agressive or perhaps Verizon paid a snip more. I am not sure but I do see a difference there between ATT and Verizon in distibution times.

Here is a specific example. I have a friend I know that ordered the same iPhone 6 plus space gray 64GB I did and she has her iPhone now and I have an ETA of November Mid to end of November. 

So there is some difference there, Verizon being a bit faster then ATT for whatever reason being 3 to 4 weeks slower.

I agree that I love Apple products, I would never go from iPhone to Android. I also like ATT and have been with them for years. 

I am just hoping we can improve the distribution issue so whatever difference that Verizon has can be mediated so we at ATT are at least equal to them or close in distribution times.

You are right there is a whole package to consider not just cell phone ordering. I am just hoping posting will make a difference. At the very least bring focus that there seems to be a difference in distribution times once the iPhones are manufactured. Is it possible Verizon gets 1000 iPhones when they are created and ATT 100? There has to be some reason for the difference in distribution times. We do not appear to be equal.

Apple definitely is putting themselves with a strong advantage in iPhone distribution. I ordered my last iPad and iPhone from Apple choosing ATT and got both the same day. This is not good, agreed. I probably will order my next iPhone from Apple to and just choose ATT. I am wondering why ATT would want the headach of distributing the iPhones in the first place. Probably for the chance to upsale ATT services and accessories.

Wowo58

Mentor

• 

75 Messages

7 y ago

I wonder what the total number of phones ordered at Verizon compares to those at ATT?  Also what presale numbers were for each carrier for each phone size, color and type.  Somehow I know these things are factors in this process.  It is hard for me to believe that Apple would shift more to Verizon since ATT carried Apple products first.  

However, as in all things the squeaky wheel gets the grease.  There has to be some logic in all this but I fail to see what it is.  

I just know the next presale or new Apple product will come direct from Apple, the direct source of all this contraversy, waiting and waiting.  

Scholar

• 

115 Messages

7 y ago

Wowo58 Exactly... Why is there a difference in distribution times with Verizon and ATT and Apple for that matter? 

Excellent ideas from Wowo58

"I wonder what the total number of phones ordered at Verizon compares to those at ATT?  Also what presale numbers were for each carrier for each phone size, color and type.  Somehow I know these things are factors in this process.  It is hard for me to believe that Apple would shift more to Verizon since ATT carried Apple products first. "

Good questions we all should be asking ourselves.

Wowo58, Reading your post I can see that that if Apple is getting iPhones faster then ordering from them next time and keeping ATT makes sense. They are giving themself a special edge. So why would we want to order from any vendor but Apple? In my case I wanted to get the iPhone 4 trade in deal, otherwise I would order from Apple. I have seen the Apple preference before.

I did have the ATT Rep try to hard sale me on getting ATT cable which I did not want when I ordered my iPhone, so that must be why they want to distribute iPhones. But that does not benefit us does it? I dont like hard sales and for that reason try to avoid used car lots. Not a good experience. That alone to me is a reason to order directly from Apple next time. I am sure the employees at ATT have alot of pressure on them to hard sale UVerse and all the accessories that are overpriced in the store.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 y ago

Granted, it is Apple who is supplying the phones to AT&T. But do you really believe that Apple would intentionally mislead &/or keep in the dark one of its largest customers in the world? The more credible explanation is that AT&T had a very good idea (from Apple) about the true delivery dates, but chose to withhold this information from customers in order to maximize the signing of new long-term contracts, and  minimize defections to alternate vendors.

Scholar

• 

115 Messages

7 y ago

I think Apple would give itself an advantage on distrubution of the iPhones, that makes sense financially to do this. For the vendors I think that comes down to arrangements made by the vendor Reps with Apple. 

Need help?
The new iPhone 13
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.