Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
What is happening with 3G?
stpackman's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Nov 6, 2014 6:15 PM

iPhone 6 Plus Backorder

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know the "real" wait status for the iPhone 6 Plus 64 or 128 gb?

We ordered them on Oct 22nd and the ship date is 12/2-12/11. Was wondering what others are experiencing with the actual ship time.

Thanks in advance! Man Happy

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

7 y ago

Did you get your phone?

Voyager

• 

1 Message

7 y ago

I ordered the 126 Space Gray on 10/1/2014 to be shipped 11/10/2014-11/19/2014.  today it changed to backorder.  I called and there is no ETA on a new shipping date.  I have been waiting 50 days and I bet it will be another 50 before I see the phone.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 y ago

Ordered 9/20 Six+ 128gb SG, shipping dates 10/31-11/07. Back ordered. Apple leather case also.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 y ago

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to update you regarding our back order iPhone 6 Plus 64gb and a 128gb ordered on Oct 22 in an AT&T store.  Order was shipped today. 

Hang in there and I'm sure you will see yours move soon.

Thanks for all the responces from my first post.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 y ago

Hey that's grea...Woah, WHA?! You order 2-4 weeks after most posting and get a shipped status while we get another month added in an AT&T email? How's that work? And I'm sorry but "hang in there" doesn't quite resonate...

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

7 y ago

Ordered Iphone 6+ 64GB on 10/31, shipped 11/22 will have tomorrow. Ordered online not store.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

7 y ago

Guys I ordered 2 Iphone plus 128gb one gold and one space grey on 9/30. Yesterday I couldn't take it anymore. I walked into an apple store this morning and got a 128 sg and a gold 64gb. I cancelled my att orders. The guy at apple said they get shipments everyday except sunday. He added that he doesn't understand why AT&T doesn't inform customers that Apple has phones. He also explained to me that apple splits the shipment 50/50 between their stores and the carriers. AT&T is just promising more phones than they can ship. This is the case of AT&T just being greedy.

cousintim

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

7 y ago

@Jumpman2114 wrote:

He also explained to me that apple splits the shipment 50/50 between their stores and the carriers.

It's quite amazing that a clerk at an Apple Store is also an iPhone product manager and supply chain logistician. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 y ago

I ordered a SG+ 128 on 9/27 with a shipping date of 11/5-11/14. That date has passed and it changed to back order then a few days ago the shipping date is 12/4-12/15. I never got any emails from AT&T except when I first placed my order in the corporate store. I have had several friends and coworkers that have ordered the same phone in October and November and they have got theirs. I spoke to a rep and the only thing she could tell me is to cancel my order and go into the store to buy the iPhone, but I told her how could I do that when you do not have them in the stores. I have been a loyal customer for almost 15 years. But believe me after my contract is up (if I get my phone before the 2 years) I will move on to Verizon.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 y ago

59 days and waiting.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 y ago

Order date: October 10, 2014

AT&T (online) - Premier order

Iphone 6 Plus - 128g, space grey

Original projected shipping date was November 20-26. On the 20th, I received an email stating that the projected shipping date was pushed back to December 10-19th.

Bullcrap. After reviewing all of the forums and helpful advice from others that are having these problems with AT&T (and even worse, like people who pre-ordered and then had their orders cancelled after waiting for two months), I decided that waiting 50 days was enough.

Many people recommended cancelling your AT&T orders and placing them with Apple. I was afraid of being "put at the back of the line," but Apple actually honors their shipping dates.

So, even with placing a brand new order with Apple as of today (November 29, literally two 7 weeks after I placed my original order with AT&T on October 10th\) and paying 10 bucks to speed up shipping a bit (the Apple rep actually brought it to my attention, so they aren't "discouraging it"), I now know for certain that I'll have my phone between December 16th and December 19th. Also, I know that the order won't be pushed off again or fall into the "backorder abyss."

I'm confident it was the right decision, and a part of me feelings like I'll get it even sooner.

In the mean time, I'll be checking idevicechecker to see if Apple stores (which receive shipments DAILY, except on Sundays) have my phone, and in that case, I can just walk into the store and grab one!

CANCEL YOUR ORDERS WITH AT&T GUYS! Call Apple-- tell them that AT&T is screwing up their orders, and they'll call AT&T on the phone with you and cancel it to ensure that you upgrade eligibility and other options are immediately transferred and reset. 

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

7 y ago

I ordered a iphone6 plus gold 64gig on November 11th, my ship window was 12/22-1/7 and I just received an email saying its shipped (12/1) must be a Black Friday surplus of phones! And "first come first serve" so they fulfilled the orders waiting in line!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 y ago

You're doing better than I am. I ordered mine through ATT in September 22 and am scheduled to get it after you are!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 y ago

I can't cancel and go to Applw as suggested because ATT has been charging me for it for months now.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 y ago

I pre-ordered mine 09/18/2014 with initial expected deliry dates from Nov 4th-27th my status never changed until the 28th when it was set to "back ordered" it is now Dec 5th and I still have no answers from ATT as to when I might expect to recieve my iPhone6+ 128mb spacegray.

Need help?
The new iPhone 13
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.