Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
What is happening with 3G?
stpackman's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Nov 6, 2014 6:15 PM

iPhone 6 Plus Backorder

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know the "real" wait status for the iPhone 6 Plus 64 or 128 gb?

We ordered them on Oct 22nd and the ship date is 12/2-12/11. Was wondering what others are experiencing with the actual ship time.

Thanks in advance! Man Happy

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

7 y ago

@surefire69 wrote:

Just got my email from AT&T saying it won't be shipped today.  blah blah blah!  I'm heading to an Apple store.

Glad you at least got an email. Zilch communication from ATT regarding my delay or shipment date change.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 y ago

I ordered a 6plus 128 space gray on 9/26, it was expected to ship 11/5-11/14. Today they tell me there is an undetermined delay, sorry, nothing they can do. I ordered a Vaja leather case that might end up for sale on ebay.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 y ago

Ordered release weekend, 9/21...... Estimated ship dates were 10/21 - 11/7. On 11/6 I got an email saying it was now Back ordered. Couple of days later I got another email saying the same thing ( duplicate ). Went to the AT&T store last week and spoke to someone, and she said that it should only be another week or so. I'm not holding my breath. May just end up cancelling when I get back from my trip. Maybe AT&T/Apple will be  [word filter avoidance]  at the beginning of next year, and I can just use my upgrade instead of the Next crap. ( iPhone 6 Plus 128gig Grey )

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

7 y ago

Right. Like she really had a clue.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 y ago

Figured I'd throw mine in the mix with everyone else. 

iPhone 6 Plus 128gig Grey, I ordered it release weekend, 9/21. Received the email a few hours later giving the estimated shipping dates of 10/21 - 11/7, and the wait began. 

On 11/6 I received my first email saying the phone was on Back Order and whip date wasn't known. 3 days later I received a duplicate saying the same thing. 4 days after that I went into the AT&T store I ordered the phone at and the Rep said that people who ordered the phone on release day were starting to get their's in and that it should only be another week or 2 and I should be getting mine. 

I swear by the time this phone gets in, I'll probably have the amount I would need for my upgrade. May have to just cancel the order at that point so I can get my upgrade back so I don't end up paying the entire price for the phone through the Next crap.

Any suggestions?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 y ago

I ordered I phone 6 plus silver 64gb on 9/19/14 after waiting outside for an hour in the cold and was told the store already sold the one phone they received.  My expected ship dates 11/9/14 - 11/27/14, but the at&t employee did not think it would be that long.  My shipment arrived at the store on 11/10/14, but the box was empty...no phone inside.  Waited several days for resolution, no call back, called at&t and the phone had to be reordered.  Current expected ship date:  12/15/14 - 12/24/14......really at&t and apple... I think you could do better than this.  I am looding at the samsung note 4 and considering cancelling I phone 6 order....as this is the most rediculous situation ever.  Very disappointed.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 y ago

Im on day 50 which is the end of the original deliver date.  Went back to the store and they said it was on back order.  What is the definition of back order?  So finally tonight my status changes from Preparing to Ship to Back Order.  Why did it ever say Preparing to Ship on day one?  I think people wouldnt be so upset if they didnt set expectations and then not deliver.  Why wasnt the status changed a month ago so I didnt go through the last few days thinking after 7 weeks I would get a phone.  I guess the issue is the 128 because 64 shipments placed weeks after mine are already delivered.  Anyone change their order from 128 and get a 64 in a short time or do you go to the end of the line?  Anyone know how long the wait is if you are on back order?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 y ago

I ordered my iphone 6 plus 128gb on September 29th it said expected shipping date November 6-17th I was annoyed but waited. It did not change what so ever in status during the wait jus said "processing order" then last night I get a update date saying your order is now on backorder shipment date unknown. This is so not cool I wait almost two months to so told I have to wait longer.
Glock1

Scholar

• 

128 Messages

7 y ago

With all the talk in the news about the memory issue with the 128GB 6+ I wonder if Apple has not pulled them all to fix them quietly. Just a theory I have. I notice most of the really old orders are for the 128. 

Edited for spelling.

Mycroft8

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

7 y ago

For what it is worth... The 128gb rumors (and they are still rumors) would apply equally to the 6+, the 6, the iPad air 2, and supposedly some Samsung EVO SSD drives. If you look at Apple Store inventories across the world, as long as you are not particular about color or carrier, there are no obvious signs of shortages.

There are though few visible SG 128 6+ phones in Apple Stores... Which might be just a sign of relative popularity.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 y ago

I ordered an iPhone 6 Plus, space gray, 128GB phone on 09/23. The planned shipment date range was 10/31/2014 through 11/11/2014. On 11/07/2014, I received an email stating--summarized as you've all seen--"This phone is popular and AT&T doesn't know when we'll actually deliver, but we'll let'cha know." They missed the 11/11 shipment date. I haven't seen a single piece of concrete delivery information since and it's been almost 8 weeks since I ordered. To boot, they charged me the upgrade fee within a week of my order. Six weeks on, I insisted that if they couldn't deliver they should waive the upgrade fee, which to their credit, they did. I've checked my order status nearly every day for the past six weeks online and by phone. AT&T is not being transparent. They are not communicating with customers who could be waiting months on an open-ended back order list. Well, I finally got fed up and used my office social networking page to organize a number (11 fellow employees at this point) of my coworkers who are also fed up with AT&T's obfuscation and avoidance. Several local Verizon stores in our area have the iPhone 6 Plus in 128GB for immediate pickup and we've decided together that we will all move en masse to Verizon and cancel our AT&T service if we don't receive concrete delivery dates by next week before Thanksgiving. We continue to use the company social network to add more to our number. If AT&T doesn't think an individual decision to leave after six years is significant, add up a year's worth of revenue from 11 current, high data subscribers. You quickly get to a figure exceeding $10,000 in lost revenue in a single year. If we sign two year agreements with Verizon, you're talking over $20,000 in revenue losses to AT&T. Our mutiny list is growing.

• 

1 Message

7 y ago

i have been an AT&T wireless customer for over 30 years now and have never been so close to changing carriers. I have had a gold 128g iphone 6 plus on order since Sept 28th and just receive a message that the estimated delivery of Nov 14 cannot be made and the only available status is unit is on back order and feel free to cancel you you don't want to wait for an undetermined future date. At a minimum AT&T should had provided a estimated delivery date
TimothyT

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

7 y ago

If you have any possiblity whatsoever of ordering directly from Apple - do it.  Apple, unlike the liars at AT&T actually ship your order in the dates they promise you.

If you have any possibility whatsoever of changing carriers, you really need to do that.  AT&T is garbage, they don't care about their customers, and they don't deserve our business.

TimothyT

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

7 y ago

@JohnSez wrote:

Im on day 50 which is the end of the original deliver date.  Went back to the store and they said it was on back order.  What is the definition of back order?

AT&T telling you what they think you want to hear rather than the truth.

So finally tonight my status changes from Preparing to Ship to Back Order.  Why did it ever say Preparing to Ship on day one?

Because AT&T is incompetent and has no concern whatsoever with customer service

Why wasnt the status changed a month ago so I didnt go through the last few days thinking after 7 weeks I would get a phone.

Because AT&T is incompetent and has no concern whatsoever with customer service

I guess the issue is the 128 because 64 shipments placed weeks after mine are already delivered.  Anyone change their order from 128 and get a 64 in a short time or do you go to the end of the line?  Anyone know how long the wait is if you are on back order?

Go to Apple if you can.  Go to a new carrier if you can.  AT&T will NEVER ship you the iPhone 6+ 128GB phones.  They aren't going to ever help their customers.  RUN AWAY FROM AT&T

Mycroft8

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

7 y ago

My opinion is that AT&T initially under ordered some of the 18 different iPhone 6 sku's. (6 vs 6+, three colors, three memory sizes).

They probably have new orders in now. But Apple might still be working on fulfilling older orders from other third parties.
Need help?
The new iPhone 13
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.