The new iPhone 15
Kathym1167's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, May 31st, 2015 2:25 AM

iPhone 5S suddenly totally dead!!

My phone was on an hour ago and had plenty of charge and now it's dead and has no power at all. I'm still paying on this with att and totally blown away. Anyone else have this issue? Don't know what to do!! I even plugged it in just in case and nothing:(

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

9 years ago

First off, try holding down the home button and the wake/sleep button both at the same time for about 15-20 seconds (or until the Apple logo appears on the screen).  If that doesn't work, you can try contacting Apple.  It the phone is still under warranty, and it not water damaged, or damaged in any other way, they should be able to replace it for you for free.  If your warranty has expired, then you would be looking at an out of warranty repair, which would mean that they would replace your phone for about $200.  Now, if you have the insurance through AT&T, you could also file a claim against that and pay your deductible (about $200) and get a replacement phone too.

The iPhone is made by Apple, so they provide app warranty service on it.  If you are still paying for the phone, hopefully you chose to purchase the Apple Extended warranty package as it extends the warranty coverage for up to 2 years from the date of the purchase, which would cover the terms of a contract subsidy, or most NEXT agreement terms.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Try holding the power and the home button at the same time for about 20 - 30 seconds.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Yes this happened to me too this morning.  I followed the instructions of the two responders to this thread and I succeeded in 'reviving' my phone. 

Thanks for the help but now I'm curious.  What could have caused this 'sudden death' episode on this Apple iPhone?  Can I prevent it?

Thanks again.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

9 years ago

An iPhone is basically a very small portable computer. If you restart it regularly it can help to prevent this from happening again in the future, but with so many factors, there is no guarantee that you can prevent it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

1. Try holding the power and the home button at the same time for about 20 - 30 seconds.

2. Use RecoveryTool Fix Recovery

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@StevenSeagal  Really?   It’s a 3 year old thread, and the resolution was marked as correct.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

As other said above, you can restart you iPhone forcibly , or if you have iTunes, you can put iPhone in Recovery Mode to fix dead iPhone, boot your iPhone into Recovery Mode by pressing Home button and Power button. If still can not fix dead iPhone, you can use Eelphone iOS System Recovery, it fix dead iPhone who in different problems.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.