Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Give Mom a virtual hug with our Mother's Day Gift Guide.
tbrady526's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Jun 22, 2015 6:48 PM

iPhone 5s says I am out of storage

My iPhone 5s says I am out of storage but I don't have a lot of apps or pics or any music on my phone. Any thoughts?

Responses

21stNow

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

6 y ago

Have you gone into Settings>General>Usage>Manage Storage to see which apps are taking up the most storage space?

JohnRam

Former Employee

• 

41 Messages

6 y ago

Go to settings/General/usage and then manage storage under the storage section, you can then see what is using all the storage in the device. From the same screen you can see total used and available, remember if you have a 16Gb Iphone only about 8Gb can be used due to the iOS.

1024 KB = 1 MB
1024 MB = 1 GB

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 y ago

Thanks I have done that. I added my apps and pics etc and it only comes up to about 690 mb ?
JohnRam

Former Employee

• 

41 Messages

6 y ago

In this case then there has been a bug with iOS8 that shows your device as having full storage, the only known way of fixing it is to restore the device using a computer with itunes. Just make sure you backup first so info is not lost.

Backup process: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203977

Restore process: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

Good luck!

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Busternutt

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

6 y ago

Are you sure it isn't message that your iCloud storage is full. You get 5 GB free, which isn't a lot. My wife kept getting the message 5-6 times a day. I went to the iCloud and deleted all the pictures. She now has almost 5GB free and the messages stopped. I have her photos backed up on iTunes on her computer, so don't need the iCloud backup.

"Customers helping customers; not always successfully"
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

84.1K Messages

6 y ago

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

84.1K Messages

6 y ago

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

6 y ago

Update to the latest iOS and this should fix the storage problem.

Good luck
Alex

Get started...

Ask a new question