The new iPhone 15
micahsun10's profile

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, January 29th, 2023 9:05 PM

iPhone 14 Pro Max on contract in Taiwan

Does my device iPhone 14 Pro Max uses eSim card? Like there is no way for me to put a sim card from Taiwan in there because there is no pin hole to open to slot. I talked to a cellular provider in Taiwan and she said if she installs a new eSim on my phone I am at risk of losing my AT&T number in the states.

I want to seek out any help since I will be in Taiwan for a while (at least 1 year) and I believe my iPhone 14 Pro Max is still not paid off from Florida. Basically, I want to be able to use my phone in Taiwan without incurring extra charges like international day pass, which I read is $10 a day.

Thanks in advance for any assistance! -Micah

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

1 year ago

Your iPhone 14 uses esim only. It does not have a physical SIM card slot. It is also locked to ATT. A local Taiwan esim will not work until your phone is unlocked and you can’t unlock it until you have finished paying for it. Your iPhone can have two esims, so it is possible to add another esim without deleting your ATT esim. However, since your phone is locked, no point in adding another esim. As for accessing your account, you can’t. Account access is blocked from abroad.

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

To follow up on my previous post, I just turned on international day pass by turning off my phone's airplane mode. I will most likely get charged $10 today. But tomorrow I will turn my airplane mode back on. However, when I tried to log in to view my AT&T account status, the website is blocked! How do I manage my account info and updates while I am in Taiwan? Thanks, I just want to be able to log on to the website to check my charges...

ACE - Master

• 

10.3K Messages

1 year ago

Try using a U.S. based VPN to access the website.  The My ATT app might work too.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.