The new iPhone 15
D

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, June 8th, 2021 2:17 AM

Ipad pro PRE order from 15 minutes after going live shipping date just changed from 5/28-6/7 to 6/27-7/6

So how does a PRE-order from within 15 minutes of pre orders going live and over a month wait already slip 29 days from original earliest ship date?  There's really no good excuse for waiting until the last day it was supposed to ship at 8:20 central time to update to a day 20 days from now to ship at the earliest.  Really disappointed right now.  I'd really like some help getting this escalated however possible; not really interested in lame excuses / apologies.  I contacted order status live support by phone today 6/7 and was assured my order would be shipping today.  I need this for work ASAP laptop on last legs.  Somebody or some system on ATT's end really dropped the ball.  

Order # (Edited as per community guidelines)

ACE - Master

• 

10.3K Messages

3 years ago

Unfortunately, this happens every time with preorders of a new Apple product when orders go live.  AT&T really don’t seem to have any idea how many of the new product they will get on launch day, oversell then, and then extend the order dates after they find that Apple isn’t shipping them enough.  That’s why a lot of people have just given up ordering from AT&T and order through Apple.  Nothing you can do is going to escalate it so you get it quicker, except possibly cancelling the order and reordering through Apple.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Att this point Apple estimated ship date is either a week earlier or possibly 2 days later than my new att date.  Like you I feel certain this post will fall on deaf ears which is why I don’t often bother posting anything at all.  It’s just incredibly poor customer service to wait until late evening on the last possible ship date to update to 20 days later at the earliest.  Surely att can do math and figure out a lot sooner they aren’t actually going to ship by the date they listed.  Had I been informed of the massive delay earlier I would have canceled and ordered through Apple instead. 20 days gap is just unbelievable.  Where is the pride in service?

Teacher

• 

38 Messages

3 years ago

Same thing on my order. I don’t think it will be a month delay but who knows. Previous iPad orders via AT&T always came on time. This time everything is backed up due to COVID.  If you don’t need the installment plan on your iPad check the Apple Store because they get the preferred stock. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

3 years ago

If these are 12.9 ipad pro's its the LACK OF SCREEN PARTS.  The new microled screens are causing the backups because of the chip shortage.

Teacher

• 

38 Messages

3 years ago

The screen issue may be the cause of the delays but... I read a lot of forums with people talking about preorders. Alot if the folks that ordered from Apple have had dates improve from original estimates for the 12.9 even in the 2TB capacity. The original poster has the right to vent when Apple can apparently fill their orders but the carrier can’t.  Apple is clearly sending more stock to their stores and to customers who order directly through them. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

3 years ago

And do you blame apple for taking care of its customers FIRST before the carriers?  Most folks buy from the carriers to spread out the payments when you really get down to it.

I never ever buy a Apple product from a cell carrier.

Teacher

• 

38 Messages

3 years ago

Yeah that’s the only reason I’m here..for the payments so I will just wait it out. I have three 12.9 iPads so I’m not suffering…

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

3 years ago

Next time preorder at best buy and they can still use the att next plan as payment.

Teacher

• 

38 Messages

3 years ago

Looks like they got some in. Me and others waiting got shipped today!  Good luck!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.