For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
DavidA323's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, February 16th, 2015 10:23 PM

ipad 32gb att

I had purchased a full price ipad 32gb att ipad. I am now on tmobile network and never have been with ATT. My ipad needs to be unlocked. The imei I input on the site att.com/deviceunlock it doesnt take. Ive contacted ATT many times and get the run around. can someone contact me to get this  ipad unlocked so I can use it without the run around.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

This maybe of interest...

Can you purchase the iPad "unlocked" or is it tied to a wireless carrier?

"iPad models equipped with wireless mobile data connectivity (3G or 4G+LTE), regardless of generation, are "unlocked" and not tied to a carrier in the United States.

However, just because the iPad is sold unlocked does not mean that any specific version of the device will work on all carriers. Paying attention to supported frequency details is important to avoid disappointment, and perhaps even more so on the used market."

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/ipad/ipad-faq/ipad-design-info-font-where-to-buy-unlocked.html

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

9 years ago

All iPads are sold unlocked. There is no such thing as a locked iPad. You should be able to just change the SIM card.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Hats what I thought but apparently not.. I did swap out the sim it shows T-Mobile but doesn't connect

David A
Realtor-Sales Associate
[edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This E-mail message, including all attachments, is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.A. §§ 2510-2521 and is legally privileged. This information is confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient(s) or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately. You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please contact the sender by e-mail immediately and destroy all copies of the original message including all attachments.

Please overlook the typos and
grammatical errors from this medium
Sent from my iPhone

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

9 years ago

Well, you didn't provide any info about the problem you are having, but unless you got a message that said something like "The SIM card inserted does not appear to be supported," it doesn't have anything to do with a locked device.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.