Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!
andyjhunter

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Apr 8, 2015 4:05 PM

Invalid number error message when sending text from my iPhone

Ever since I upgraded to an iPhone 5s I get an Error Invalid Number message when sending a text to a phone number that used to work just fine from my 4s. In fact I can receive a text from this number but when I try to reply to that text I get the error message again.

I deleted the contact info in case there was something broken there and I'm trying it with just the raw phone number but without any luck. What can I do? It's my boss's number so it's important I fix this problem.

All other contacts and texts are working just fine, it's just this one phone, a Samsung galaxy on T-mobile if that helps. 

Responses

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

This issue has not gone away.  Today I was unable to text two contacts, and the entire message threads have disappeared.  ATT is adding an extra 1 to at least one of the numbers.  Extensive search shows this problem is specific to ATT's network, and none of the fixes listed here work.  Switching to Verizon looks like a permanent fix.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

a year ago

This just started happening on my dad's phone (Samsung S10 on AT&T) to my number last week.  My phone is also on AT&T and an S10.  It appears AT&T is adding extra digits to the front of my number even though in his contact list my number appears as the correct 10-digit number.  I deleted my contact from his phone and all text messages, and then tried to straight text my number - it still failed.  So now my dad cannot text me.

Any help with this, AT&T?  Seems there are a ton of people experiencing this issue based on this thread.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

Same problem with my husband's LGV20. Setting appointments for work and now suddenly cannot text clients to schedule. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

a year ago

Re: Error Invalid Number. Please re-send using a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code

A SOLUTION: I had the same problem with my LG Android phone. The extremely patient and determined AT&T support person, Jxxxx in Tulsa, tracked down that the "Advanced Messaging" feature on my phone was causing the problem. When Jxxxx turned of the feature (remotely), the problem went away, and the phone has worked perfectly since then. Jxxxx indicated that he will submit a "ticket" to the engineering crew relating this problem/bug, and that I should turn on "Advanced Messaging" in a week, or so, to see if the bug has been fixed.

To get to "Advanced Messaging:" Go to normal MESSAGING page, click on MENU (three dots, upper right), select SETTINGS, select ADVANCED+MORE, select ADVANCED MESSAGING, turn OFF Advanced Messaging feature. Hope this helps.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

a year ago

This did not solve the issue on my dad's phone - Advanced Messaging was already off on his.  He still has the issue.

-Gina

Get started...

Ask a new question