Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
What is happening with 3G?
S

• 

1 Message

Mon, Mar 30, 2020 9:48 PM

International roaming - still being charged international rates 3 weeks later

I travelled outside the US three weeks ago. Since returning, my iPhone8 Plus, as well as my husband's phone are still racking up international data usage fees and calls. I can't get anyone on the phone to try to correct it. I've reset my network settings... turned my phone off and on after every change.... removed the SIM card... had at&t's troubleshooter send signals to my phone... reset my location and privacy settings..... and nothing. I still cannot get online without being connected to wifi on either phone.

I do not see the LTE symbol and can not get it to show up next to the bars on my screen. I have been charged $1600 on my current bill and I can't get it to stop accruing international rates. I got a message today saying they are about to shut off our phones. I can't get in touch with anyone for help. Does anyone have advice?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

54.5K Messages

2 y ago

Why do you believe your phones are still racking up charges? If you see ATT on your display, then you are not roaming and there should be no roaming charges. It is possible those are still usage charges coming in from when you were traveling. What you describe should be impossible. Unfortunately, this can only be fixed by customer support. If you can’t reach anyone, file an FCC or BBB complaint. The complaint will result in someone from corporate contacting you.

Need help?
The new iPhone 13
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.