Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

1 Message

Mon, Jan 6, 2020 1:42 AM

Insurance problems

For some time others have had trouble hearing me on my phone (I can hear them fine). Since I had a new phone from Assurion (my last phone lost while traveling), I assumed the problem was on the other end. Because many of my calls are made from home, I thought it might be a WIFI problem and contacted the local phone company that provides my signal. I have called AT&T more than once about the problem. Finally, I went to the AT&T store last week, and the person on the help desk could only hear me intermittently. The store provided me a phone with which we could communicate, but the Assurion number they were going to refer me to was not available because of New Years. I went back today and waited to speak to someone for 1.5 hours. I got on the phone with Assurion and was told you would provide a replacement phone if I paid $200, and then you would cancel my insurance. I objected, and I was informed Apple might honor their warranty. I went to the Apple store, and they would honor the warranty except that Assurion provided me with a phone re-manufactured by Valuetech. Apple no longer regards it as one of their products. I agree it took me a long time to realize I had a defective phone, but your service policy is entirely inadequate. I would like AT&T to contact me if you have a different remedy. Thank you.

Responses

dwill05

Master

• 

3.7K Messages

2 months ago

The issue is between you and Asurion. AT&T has nothing to do with it. They don’t service or warranty iPhones.

mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

a month ago

Hello,

Best way is to go to www.phoneclaim.com/att and click file claim and after approving your number and pin it’ll pull up two options - “file new claim” or “something else”. Select the later option and a chat will pop up in upper corner. Click this to talk directly to an Austin rep about the 90 day warranty on the replacement.

They might ask you to go to an AT&T corporate store to get a new SIM card to verify that is not the (Edited per community guidelines) cause.

(edited)

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.3K Messages

@mobilemax the OP has done that, which is why they know that their claim will cost them $200 for a replacement phone.

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.3K Messages

a month ago

AT&T does not control Asurion who is the insurance provider for all cellular carriers, any more than Ford or Toyota control Geico.
Billing through mobile carriers is simply a convenience, and it also proves that the covered device is connected and has not been sold or giving away (its fraud prevention)

AT&T does warranty your insurance replacement for I believe 90 days. You should check when your phone was replaced, and call AT&T to find out if it's still covered under warranty based on the date.

Asurion has a limit of two claims in a 12-month. After which they cancel your insurance for 12 months.

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.