Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Feb 27, 2020 6:07 AM

IMEI wont work to Unlocking old iPhone thats all paid for

I recently upgraded my iphone with ATT. My old iphone is now turned off and has not att service. It is an iphone 6s that is payed off. I need to unlock the old phone to use it for international traveling that I will do on Friday. I went to the "unlock a phone" page and entered my IMEI number. The website popped up an error that said "Looks like the IMEI number you entered doesn’t match an AT&T device. Try entering it again. Dial *#06# on your mobile phone to make sure you have the right IMEI." I have dialed to receive my IMEI and also found it in my phone. Neither one has worked. I have tired this many times and even tried it on different web browsing serves. I have read the help forums but nothing is working. What can I do to unlock my phone? I need it unlocked my Friday Feb 28th

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

71.7K Messages

a month ago

Since it typically takes 48 hours to unlock a phone starting yesterday was too late. It is also usually much easier to get a phone unlocked while it is still in service.
At this point the only way this is getting resolved as if you call AT&T and ask for tech support. Explain the problem I'm give them the IMEI and let them know that you need it to travel.

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…