The new iPhone 15
JiminSTLouis's profile

Guru

• 

675 Messages

Saturday, January 7th, 2012 3:53 AM

iCloud Photo Stream

I got an iPad for Christmas and I have an iCloud question. I had Photo Stream turned on both my iPhone and iPad so pics I was taking with mt phone, we're transfering to the pad. My question is, how do I delete the pictures from the Photo Stream? I turned Photo Stream off on both devices and they warned me that the photos would be deleted. I thought "Great"! But once I turned the Photo Stream back on, all the old pics downloaded again from who knows where. The "cloud" I guess. Where are these pics stored, and how do I permanently delete them? Thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

675 Messages

12 years ago

Proceedure found here for those wondering how to do this:

Delete Photo Stream

Master

• 

5.7K Messages

12 years ago

I don't know much about the "Cloud" thing but is it possible the photos were still stored on the device you took them with and when you reconnected to the Cloud they were automatically transferred again?  As I understand it.....that feature is completely automatic.....but I'm certainly no expert on it and even may be completely wrong.  I'm just putting forth a theory.

I'm guessing you would have to delete the photos from the Iphone to keep them from being retransmitted to the Ipad via the cloud.

Guru

• 

675 Messages

12 years ago

I've looked everywhere on both devices for these pics and couldn't find them. I even found manage storage and delete back up buttons in the iCloud settings and my account shows my storage as empty. But when I turn the Photo Stream back on, they all download again. I will keep looking.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

12 years ago

Thanks!  I've had the same problem with my new iPhone...they REALLY need to get on that and let us delete directly from Photo Stream.

NOW, if I could find out why when importing photos, the process completes but will not close on my computer. Smiley Sad

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.