The new iPhone 15
denalidad's profile

Contributor

• 

9 Messages

Tuesday, April 4th, 2023 1:57 PM

I have forgotten my passcode and need to reset my iPhone

When I got up this morning, a previously-unseen screen showed, asking me to enter my "passcode." I used the 6-digit code I use every day, but that did not work. So I used another password; that didn't work, either. I am increasing the time between entries, anticipating that eventually, I will have to reset my SIM. However, I cannot get into my AT&T account because the two-step verification process sends a code to, you guessed it, my iPhone, which is inaccessible. I cannot even see which iPhone I have, though I think it is a 13 Pro Max (I have had it for years.)

Any ideas?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

11 months ago

ATT has nothing to do with your iPhone security passcode. That’s totally Apple. There is nothing you can do on your ATT account to reset that. Here are Apple’s instructions for a forgotten passcode: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306

Contributor

• 

9 Messages

11 months ago

Well, thanks for that, but yes, it appears that my carrier does have a part to play. From HT212951: "If you're using an eSIM, contact your carrier before trying these steps and ask for a QR code to set up your eSIM again." So there is that...

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

11 months ago

Well of course the carrier is involved in setting up an esim but setting up an esim has nothing to do with your passcode. So what exactly is your issue, the phone passcode or something else?

ACE - Master

• 

10K Messages

11 months ago

The Apple “fix” for resetting your passcode basically involves factory resetting your phone.  You’ll need to reload your eSIM after you get back into the phone because it will go away during the reset.  It has nothing to do with getting around the passcode.  They’re telling you to have the info handy for after you get back into the phone.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.