Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
avishkarb's profile

2 Messages

Saturday, October 21st, 2023 8:35 AM

Closed

How to unlock iPhone 15 Pro from India?

My Aunt got me an Iphone 15 Pro from the USA to India. She purchased it in a Best Buy with an AT&T plan worth 100$. 

Now the phone says 'Carrier locked' and I'm not able to insert any Indian E-sim card here. When I tried unlocking it from the AT&T Website, I get and error stating 'We’re sorry, but we can't unlock your device just yet. Submit a new unlock request after your service has been active for at least 60 days.'

Will my phone get automatically unlocked after the 60 day period? Also there is no way for me to contact At&t regarding this issue.

I wish to start using my iPhone as soon as possible. What can I do to fix it? 

Please help,

Thanks

Accepted Solution

2 Messages

8 months ago

@formerlyknownas Thank you for your quick response.

We called up At&T and requested them to unlock the phone. They did just that. Now I am able to use my iPhone in India. Of course, with an E-sim.

ACE - Sage

• 

118.1K Messages

8 months ago

You might as well ship it back to your aunt in the USA. It cannot be unlocked until it is been used on AT&T for at least 60 days of postpaid service.  

The IMEI won't even be registered in AT&T until it's been used for the required number of days.

Once it has met the eligibility requirements your relative should unlock it for you and then they can ship it to India. I don't know if India allows eSIM usage, China does not, but there's no place to "insert" an ESIM it is already embedded in the phone

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.