Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.
ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.1K Messages

Tue, Dec 9, 2014 9:08 PM

How to unlock an Iphone

How can I get my iPhone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Responses

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

my request was denied because of "association of fraud" according to the email. How do i get my phone unlocked??

This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Phone unlock

• 

2 Messages

4 weeks ago

I checked the requirements:

Your device isn’t reported as lost, stolen, or involved with fraud.
Nope

You don’t have a past-due balance.
Nope

Your device isn’t active on another AT&T account.
Nope

Have a business account with a 2-year contract? Wait 30 days to unlock any devices that you upgrade early. Personal phone so doesn't apply.

An AT&T PREPAIDSM device has been active for at least 6 months.
No prepaid anything.

You have your company’s permission if you want to unlock your business-owned device. Again, personal phone so this doesn't apply.

I sent in an unlock request on the 10th and I'm still waiting to get a reply back from AT&T. It has been way more than 2 business days and this is unacceptable for a company that is supposed to be as professional as AT&T. They sure are quick to respond when you owe them money though. I feel like my phone is being held hostage. So what's the hold-up and why can't I get an answer from anyone in tech support or any other dept. for that matter?

(edited)