Community Manager

• 

9.5K Messages

Tue, Dec 9, 2014 9:08 PM

How to unlock an Iphone

How can I get my iPhone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Responses

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

a year ago

Can no one help me?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

now i want use my devices in local area  but  i can't active my phone 

Model: iphone 4s 16gb white 

Imei :[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

tanx ..

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

Hello i bought a used phone from ebay which was locked to att..

It was described thats its paid off but during unlock process it always says its not paid off..

Seller sended me payment receipt also but there some techincal issue.. can you plz help me out.

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Payment has been made on 25th july 389.10$ 

yet its not clear. 

Kindly help out

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.8K Messages

a year ago

This is a customer populated forum, not how you reach At&t.   The seller will have to clear it up for you with tech support.  

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

44.5K Messages

a year ago

This is a customer to customer forum, not customer support and not chat. To unlock any phone: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/?#/

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.8K Messages

a year ago

@hemnqaderpour wrote:

now i want use my devices in local area  but  i can't active my phone 

Model: iphone 4s 16gb white 

Imei :[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

tanx ..

The 4s has been purged from At&t data base as it’s no voice over LTE capable, (it’s a 3g phone)  which will be required for all phones.  

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

a year ago

@guomin wrote:

Can no one help me?

If the phone is still on a payment plan it can't be unlocked.  Otherwise go with what @sandblaster posted.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

My account is not in arrears, but the application for unlocking has not received confirmation of unlocking email, I tried many times, the application for unlocking page also does not have IMEI code, I want to know the reason.

edcuccia

Scholar

• 

191 Messages

a year ago

Have you tried calling att?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

a year ago

Take a look at my post from over a week ago. They are telling to file an FCC complaint. 

https://forums.att.com/t5/Apple/ATT-refusing-to-unlock-my-device/td-p/5965422

Cheers!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

Hi,

I've been trying to unlock my iphone 6s for over a week now. When I first tried, I put in the IMEI number listed on the phone when I messaged *#06# (IMEI 1) I was told that it could not be unlocked because there was an overdue payment. (There was not an overdue payment). I went into the at&t store to verify that there was no overdue payment (there was not an overdue payment).

I called customer service to get it resolved they said I was putting in the wrong IMEI number and gave me a new one (IMEI 2). I tried to input this online. After 3 days it was approved. But when I put the new SIM card in, it said the SIM was not valid to be used in the phone (i.e: it was not unlocked).

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

Hi Dondy, did you solve your issue? I bought iphone xs max from ATT and paid off and ported out. I tried many times on https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/ and got "Thanks! We're emailing you a link." but blank request number and never received email from them. I dont know what should i do now to unlock the phone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

I requested an unlock on an iPhone XS 2 days ago and have not received an email confirming the request. I also tried it on another web browser and still no email. I’ve also checked trash in my email and also nothing.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

a year ago

I am traveling internationally now. I need to use the local telephone card. Please help me unlock the international locks.I apply for the lock on the website, but I can never receive the mail. I am an inconvenient speaker. Could you please call me to unlock it?If you can help me, confide in my wireless phone details

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

44.5K Messages

a year ago

If you are using gmail, that may be the reason for not receiving the emails. If possible, use a non gmail email address for your unlock request. You can create a free yahoo email account.

Get started...

Ask a new question