For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Tippyrollaxk's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, April 3rd, 2017 9:33 PM

How to remove a phone from the blacklist

Hey, I was wondering why can't I get my phone Un-Blocked I have purchased the phone through a third party. The phone has been unlocked from at&t and yes I should have ran an imei check but for the price i couldnt turn it down and as a college student i cant afford to just go buy a new phone.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Pepper3d  Did you make an insurance claim on the phone?

If you did, and insurance was processed, the phone is no longer yours and Asurion blacklisted it.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I did but I own the phone and I paid to replace the phone

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Pepper3d

When you make a claim for a lost, stolen or broken phone, and Asurion sends you a replacement, the lost phone is NOT YOURS as it is blacklisted by Asurion.  They own the phone now.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

This is wrong....im the owner of ny phone and i cant get it off the blacklist

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

ATT [word filter avoidance] AND SO DOES THERE INSURANCE COMPANY! THEY BLACKLISTED THE WRONG PHONE AND CANCELED MY SERVICES. I cant get my phone off the blacklist when its my phone. They will give you the run around..Im filing a complaint and then arbitration THEY [word filter avoidance]

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Jojoe82 wrote:

ATT [word filter avoidance] AND SO DOES THERE INSURANCE COMPANY! THEY BLACKLISTED THE WRONG PHONE AND CANCELED MY SERVICES. I cant get my phone off the blacklist when its my phone. They will give you the run around..Im filing a complaint and then arbitration THEY [word filter avoidance]

You need to take it up with Asurion.  Asurion is the insurance providers ALL carriers use, not just ATT.   If you had the phones on the wrong line, swapped SIM cards, yuo screwed up your claim.  Claims depend on the phone and phone line insured. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I forgot my extra code necessary to whipe out an old iPhone 7 of mine so instead of doing it that way I opted to go in find my iPhone from my current phone iPhone XS Max and erase both my iPhone 7 & my iPhone X (both precious) using the find my iPhone erase phone option. I don’t know why it required an additional code I think maybe like a sim code or an additional iCloud code when trying to erase the phones while in my hand but using my newest device was my only solution. Now that they are whiped clean, i has intentions to resell though the imei number is now showing as a blacklisted phone. I am the owner of both phones, how do I get At&t to unlock the block list? Do I have to go in person or is this something that can be done via telephone request? How quickly once this is done does the imei number update to show no longer blacklisted? In other words what is my turn around time on ability to sell these things? 

Thank you 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

@thinklikeaboss wrote:

I forgot my extra code necessary to whipe out an old iPhone 7 of mine so instead of doing it that way I opted to go in find my iPhone from my current phone iPhone XS Max and erase both my iPhone 7 & my iPhone X (both precious) using the find my iPhone erase phone option. I don’t know why it required an additional code I think maybe like a sim code or an additional iCloud code when trying to erase the phones while in my hand but using my newest device was my only solution. Now that they are whiped clean, i has intentions to resell though the imei number is now showing as a blacklisted phone. I am the owner of both phones, how do I get At&t to unlock the block list? Do I have to go in person or is this something that can be done via telephone request? How quickly once this is done does the imei number update to show no longer blacklisted? In other words what is my turn around time on ability to sell these things? 

Thank you 

1.  Phones require the pin code to factory reset.  If you used fingerprint or pattern to unlock, you still had a pin for backup and it’s required to reset or after restart.   

2.   Phones gets blacklisted if you reported it lost or stolen, or if you made a claim with insurance.   Did you?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I'm the owner still blacklisted 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Richard12z wrote:

I'm the owner still blacklisted 

I see how it’s going to go . . . 

Phones gets blacklisted if you reported it lost or stolen, or if you made a claim with insurance.   Did you do so?

Did you call At&t and report you found the phone?  They can remove blacklist.

Did you make an insurance claim?  If so, the phone is not yours anymore.  If replaced under insurance, Asurion blacklists the phone and you can’t remove it.   

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.