AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Jul 14, 2018 11:09 PM

How to enable wifi calling on iOS phone

Since updating to 11.4.1 I noticed that WiFi calling is no longer working. Tried all the options I have found. Turned on airplane mode and that doesn’t kick it over to WiFi calling. Also rebooted phone which also did nothing. Wondering if anyone else having the same issue. 

Responses

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

7 months ago

Exact same problem... Brand new iPhone 11 Pro Max. Maintains wifi connectivity perfectly, but will not consistently make or accept calls.

Has anyone had success with a Microcell?

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

78.5K Messages

@crna2be
AT&T has not sold the MicroCell since 2017. The MicroCell is a 3-g device and AT&T is shutting down its 3-g Network. You should be using Wi-Fi calling which also requires you have home internet just like the MicroCell

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

WiFi calling is not consistent in my home. The supposed remedies for thsi problem are not consistent either.

The only cell signal available in my home currently is 3G...so your response is extremely disheartening.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

12.8K Messages

@crna2be As @lizdance40 mentioned, the MicroCell service will be phased out as soon as AT&T begins their major transition away from their 3G network. Service will probably be discontinued around Feb.2021 and certainly by 2022.

WiFi-C works just fine for us and our phones. I even fired up the MicroCell as a test and it still works great. The reliablity of WiFi-C is dependent in large part on how robust your WiFi connection is and how you have WiFi setup. WiFi-C does require ports 4500 and 500 to remain open (at least on the iPhones) so if your router blocks those ports or they aren't consistently left open (24x7) you could have call issues.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

I am having the same issues as everyone else. I am about to change carriers. I have good cell signal and I think ATT is geo locating me at home to force me onto wifi.

Calls are not coming through even when all signals are strong. SOMETHING IS VERY WRONG, ATT.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

12.8K Messages

@NEEDMYPHONEWORKIN If you have a good cellular signal at home, you don't need to use WiFi-C so just disable it. Our celluar signal at home is weak so we use WiFi-C all of the time. I just leave it enabled and once we get to an area that has a stronger cellular signal (away from home), the connection becomes cellular only, until we get home or to a friend's house who has poor ih-home coverage and we use their WiFi connection for WiFi-C.

What kind of phone do you have? Or am I missing something here?

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

This is exactly our problem...we only have a weak 3G signal in our home. This is due to broken/damaged 4G/LTE arrays that will not be repaired due to 5G upgrade.

Unfortunately, we are way down the upgrade list...

WiFi-C rarely works in our home. We have 1Gbps service, and >82dbs of wifi signal in every room in our home. I was going to prioritize our phones on the router, but it does not have that capability. So, I am trading it in today to see if that helps.

• 

3 Messages

6 months ago

Today is April 29, 2020. I reside in the central area of the U.S. We haven't had cell service for several days. AT&T says today by 5pm we'll be back online.

I have two important conference calls today that are U.S. calls. The first was 45 minutes ago. I gave Wi-F- calling a try and it worked perfectly with my iPhone XR. No static or call drops.

If you're reading this and you have an iPhone 7 or later and you can't get connected, Chat with AT&T so they can walk you through the process and troubleshoot any issues. If you're outside the U.S. or you're in the U.S. and trying to make overseas calls, even though it shouldn't be an issue, perhaps that calling feature isn't available. Also, calls made to/from the U.S. are free while overseas calls are billed at $0.xx/minute. Could there be an issue with your account and payment?

Good Luck. I hope you all get your Wi-Fi calling issues resolved.

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

I have spent hours on the phone or chatting with AT&T and no resolve to this issue.

I have been “escalated to Tier 3 tech support”. Same.

Highly frustrating when I spend allost $500 each month for 5 devices...

• 

3 Messages

I deleted my first reply to you. I thought I could share my step by step but you have five devices. I know it's frustrating to pay that kind of money yet even the most basic of tasks aren't easy to access and activate. Now you have to wait until someone gts back with you.

I hope AT&T can figure out the issue for you. Sorry I couldn't be of any help.

• 

1 Message

6 months ago

Exactly the same problem. I end up getting this sign: That says OOPS. Tried to contact them via Chat they gave me a case number for tech support. Of course phone reseted, hard reset, etc.

Get started...

Ask a new question