The new iPhone 15
Burnicorn's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, July 14th, 2018 11:09 PM

How to enable wifi calling on iOS phone

Since updating to 11.4.1 I noticed that WiFi calling is no longer working. Tried all the options I have found. Turned on airplane mode and that doesn’t kick it over to WiFi calling. Also rebooted phone which also did nothing. Wondering if anyone else having the same issue. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I’m having this issue as well.  Not sure when it started but hav tried everything.  I wonder if ATT will fix this? I have no other way to make and receive calls since our att cell service is so poor in My neighborhood in Grove City Ohio.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

My wife and I are having the exact same issue on our iphone 7's...hope they figure it out soon.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I am having this exact same issue and none of the listed items in the troubleshooting check list have fixed the problem. My wife and I are both unable to get our iPhone 6s' to connect to AT&T Wifi calling at home (or at work, on a different wifi and a different ISP). I don't believe that the original post should be listed as solved since this seems to be an ongoing issue for many other users.

It's pretty sad that I have to resort to WiFi calling to send and receive calls and messages at my own home located well within a metropolitan area. I've had to lower my standards and accept the reality that AT&T WILL NOT spend any money to improve their network signal in my neighborhood, but now they've allowed their work-around to fail and aren't acknowledging it? There's only one thing left to do when your service provider can no longer reliably provide its service; I've begun searching for a new provider.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

This is still an issue as I have an iPhone 8 and it’s not working. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Same. Stopped working yesterday and can’t get it to kick back on. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Same issues here too. Tired everything. Quit working yesterday and no one has any answers. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have the same issue...haven’t had WiFi calling since Friday night (8/10/18) on my phone nor my husband’s.  I’ve tried all the so called solutions with no luck.  I have no cell service at my house and rely on the Wi-Fi calling.  For the amount we pay AT&T each month you would expect them to have a reliable system.  I may be looking at other providers in the near future if this isn’t fixed quickly!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Having the same problem. Have an Mcell but my iPhone 8plus won’t even pick that up. WiFi calling wa working and now it’s not. I’m sitting in an area where with the WiFi calling or the Mcell I have no service at all. Would love to find out if any of the other carriers are having the same problem. Might be a good time to tell ATT good bye!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Hello,

After restarting my modem twice last night and then I did it again a couple times this morning the 4th time was the charm and it started working again...FYI.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I'm having the exact same problem. At my work place there is no AT&T cell reception and even WiFi calling has stopped working since last week. I spend 9 hours a day in office and it is so frustrating to not be able to receive or make calls. 

I spoke to a AT&T customer rep about this issue and she was so rude and she didn't even mention that many customers are also facing this issue.

This is not the first time AT&T has let me down. It is high time now, I get rid off AT&T.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.