Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
ira_nyc

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Sep 19, 2014 6:51 PM

How to Activate Service on a New Device

I had an iPhone 5S and a iPhone 4 before that). I just got thr iPhone 6, but for some reason, even thoguh I shut down my iPhone 5S fully before turning on and backing up from iCloud my new iPhone 6..... the new iPhone 6 is not 'registering" my phone number?

It just shows "No Service" in upper left corner.

Ideas?!?!

[Subject edited for better exposure]

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Can I replace my retail iPhone 5s to iPhone 6 or 6s? I don't have insurance but I always pay monthly on time...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I need my SIM Number to Unlock my IPhone 6s

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I entered in my phone # and the billing code but it says that there is nothing on that account that needs activating. I just got a replacment phone and didall it asked, but I'm still getting "No Service"

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I sold one of my old phone because, I have a new one. How do I go about getting it released so my brother can use it with any phone company? 

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.5K Messages

4 years ago

Just move your SIM card to the new phone.  

If you can't move the SIM card, or you bought a phone direct from Apple with a SIM card installed, you have to call ATT.

Att will verify account and phone number, IMEI and the ICCID number off the SIM card to activate it.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.5K Messages

4 years ago

@China40

You are asking for your old phone to be unlocked (which is off topic for the thread)

Your brother can apply as a non customer,  to unlock your old phone here.   https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/

An unlocked ATT phone will work on other GSM carriers.  It has no bands for CDMA carriers.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

do i need to put the sim card from my 6 into my new 7?

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

4 years ago

@confused100 wrote:

do i need to put the sim card from my 6 into my new 7?

I didn't.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hello....I tried this evening to activate my son's new Kyocera phone, and after I had entered all my credit card information and clicked on activate it just got stuck with the circle going around and around. After waiting at least 20 minutes, I gave up and hit the back button...and it really froze. Now AT&T has all my credit card information, and I haven't been able to talk to anyone in customer service! I have tried for hours. I just want to cancel out the failed transaction and make sure that my personal information has not been saved! What does it take to actually talk to a live person in customer service at AT&T?  Can you help me? Thank you...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have an Lg 440 Wireless Tracfone, who can I get to activate it? I already have a SIM card.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

I am trying to a private my new phone a Samsung 10e I up graded from a 5. Now I'm getting emergency calls only on both.

• 

2 Messages

7 months ago

i am trying to activate new att axia,but it doesnt acnowledge the sim card

• 

2 Messages

7 months ago

i am trying to activate my att axia,wont acnowledge sim card,help

Get started...

Ask a new question