The new iPhone 15
W

• 

16 Messages

Saturday, May 23rd, 2020 4:13 AM

How is my iphone being hacked?

It is no longer a matter of if, it is how. I have been absolutely certain that my iphone has been hacked and monitored for a while now. I have been having extreme trouble in finding help and at the same time becoming more and more sure that this in fact is happening to me. Please, there has to be something I can do. I am currently searching for a forensic service I can use. A month more exploits were revealed and before that multiple others were found that seemed to be unprecedented in the way they functioned. Another possibility could be a service level leak of information? That sounds incredibly hard to pull off, which I am totally aware of. It is incredibly hard to hack and Iphone as mine is though I am going to say again, I am SURE of it.

An very clear example that has happened twice in few days is a change in my facebook messenger app while I was working and it was in my pocket. This is what would have to have happened in order for it to occur:

1. Iphone 6 button is pressed

2. 6 digit code is entered correctly

3. Messenger app is selected

4. Chat group is selected

5. The top name portion of the chat group is selected, this is located at the very top of the screen. If it does not have a name for the group it is all the individuals in the chat group

6. Nickname section is selected

7. Name of person you want to edit Nickname of is selected

8. New Nickname is typed out.

9. Save is selected

10. The back arrow is selected

11. The back arrow is selected again

A few days later a similar thing happened yet this time it was the chat color. This is only a couple examples of many many more that have driven me to be so adamant about this. As more and more sever exploits are being revealed it is becoming increasingly important for us to open our minds. I know who is doing it I just cannot prove it. I am going to file a report to the authorities yet not sure if I could get them to investigate my device or not. Does anyone at all have advice on how or who could get me data proving that this is going on in a more concrete way?

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 years ago

@lizdance40 sunday post?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

YES!!!!!.. Targeting a old phone like that is not in a hackers best interest as they extort for money.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

@Constructive
Slightly more interesting than the one last night. Some guy swore his phone calls were being listened to and he was saying that he was going to have to feed the entrails of the kids were doing it to dogs.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

4 years ago

🤦🏼‍♀️
Good grief Charlie Brown

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

well it is not intended for money but for information, or being aware of what I am doing. It is someone i know

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

It is someone with access to your device and knows your user account and password.
Or, more likely :
Your device is defective. IPhones are subject to a 'touch defect' which is a defective screen, and doesn't act as it should.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

@Worldly_Outcome Then confront that person, or get a new phone/number.

AT&T Cell Booster Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

• 

194 Messages

I’m not aware of any way to remote control an iPhone even if you consent to it.

Just because you don’t know how to use it doesn’t mean you’ve been hacked.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

@ATDoesntCare If one has access to the iCloud account you can use the Find My app to lock the phone or send an annoying tone but that's about it.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

@lizdance40 "touch defect"? I hadn't heard about that. All phones have defects.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

4 years ago

Have to agree with @ATDoesntCare

• 

16 Messages

The crazy thing is I have done all the normal things, factory reset, update phone, two factor authentication. Still this is happening. I have no idea how it can be going on

• 

16 Messages

I have tested my theory numerous times to get reactions out of the person doing it and with the facebook thing that is one of the more concrete events. As there was a change that I could see. I really need to figure out how to stop this as I feel violated. I restored my phone multiple times so that is why I am thinking it is a service issue

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

We have multiple iPhones on different accounts, all with AT&T, and nothing is out of the ordinary, and I don't expect there will be.

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

If you’ve tried everything and still belive your phone is hacked, your only option is to get a new phone. AT&T isn’t randomly pressing buttons and opening apps on your iphone.

• 

16 Messages

I do not think it is the company. Possibly someone has access to their methods of seeing what goes through their network and what goes on in the phone? I have little idea of how that stuff exactly works. I am in contact with a forensic program seller who might be able to refer me to one of their clients. I hope that can yield results. It bothers me to a deep level that I am unable to stop this and how everyone disbelieves me

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I absolutely believe you because I have had the same exact thing happening to my iPhone. I have screen shots and screen recording of everything to back it up but unfortunately I can’t get in touch with anyone to do anything about it. I traced my traffic being routed to DOD servers one night and had a link I “previously” visited to a DOD mail server. I’m almost positive the govt is watching me bc I looked on the dark web and downloaded Tor browsers. My dns server on my iPhone comes back to a private network and I’ve found .sql files stashed in my ICloud Drive. I’m (Edited per community guidelines)ing (Edited per community guidelines), I can’t even access the att website and my Myatt app has a shell over it. I’m about to say (Edited per community guidelines) att and GTFO. Att if you are listening you are about to lose a customer of 18 years and I’m trying to find a journalist to write about my story. I have enough evidence to prove all this way beyond a reasonable doubt.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

I find it really odd that all of a sudden we're getting these posts at the same time from new members claiming very similar issues with their iPhones. This has nothing really to do with AT&T. It one chooses to go to the "dark web" then it's on you for whatever happens. Maybe it's the "deep state" and the NWO who is spying on you. Sorry if that sounds flippant but I find the credibility of these issues questionable.

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Sounds to me like you may have maleware or some type of spyware virus in your phone. I would suggest downloading Norton's anti-spyware/maleware app and pay for the monthly subscription that way you can receive the deep file scan option. That should tell you what is happening in your phone. Now I've never owned a iPhone of any generation myself but I do know that their operating system files can be hacked. Even though iPhone will swear to their blue in the face their systems can't be hacked. Take my word for it, I've seen it done with my own two eyes.

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

I have had the same problem with my Iphone 11. My phone settings chane, my passwords are not excepted by the applications, which I have written down in a notebook I do not leave anywhere. I too, know who has hacked my phone, however, I have found it futile trying to get anyone to listen. The authorities are useless. I first noticed I was subjected to hacking in 2011, while staying in Chicago. Mine started when my new computer started losing data, that is the information on it. I had a personal hard drive with hacking information. It discribed how to check for hacking on cell phones & computers. I set up one of my programs on my computer, me embedded it in my sound application so every time my computer was turned on by anyone not entering a specific code, my machine started recording both sound and activities done on my computer. 

The hackers, who thought themselves so very much smarter than I did not check the harddrives in my computer. I had a 750 GB harddrive, but I like to back EVERYTHING so for space & copying I installed 2-80 GB harddrives 1-120 GB &2-40 GB. Just before leaving Chicago I swapped out all those harddrives for a 1 TB harddrive. Smart people DID NOT check at all. 

I have all the harddrives, I have them hidden with friends around my town. NOW my problem is finding someone to trust, in law enforcement somewhere to whom I can give them to and not have them destroyed. You can take my dilemma and draw your own conclusions. So I truly understand your problem. HOWEVER as soon as I find someone I trust, I will post the information. Start with people who have your birthdate & do not leave out anyone you think you can trust. There are quite a few people who are in the same boat as we are. Next start checking for lost, hidden, or inheritance you may not know about & someone else does. THAT was what I found is my problem. I DIDN'T know I had inherited anything until I started searching for a way to turn the hacking in to, all I get are people trying to convince me I'm crazy. 

They are the ones you need to check out. Thank you for reading & i hope I've given you a place to start.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

3 years ago

So you DIDN'T lose your phone (as you stated HERE)?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

3 years ago

Still crackers.  🌰🥜

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

3 years ago

@skeeterintexas  I sent you a PM

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.