For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
L

• 

3 Messages

Friday, April 23rd, 2021 5:28 AM

How can i unlock my 11pro max,Someone help me please

I bought an 11 PRO MAX ,and there was something wrong  with  it. I added money to change a new one at Apple Service Center in China. The IMEL  has changed, but  SIM lock is still with it. I want to unlock it, but the sequence is prompted The IMEL is not ATT s, what should I do?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

3 years ago

You should delete the IMEI and serial number.  No one here is going to do anything with it.

I’m assuming that this is a used phone that you bought from a third part retailer?  This is because AT&T doesn’t sell phones in China.  If the phone is locked to AT&T, the only way to get it unlocked is to have AT&T unlock it.  If the unlocking portal responds that it’s not an AT&T IMEI, then that means it’s not in the database because it hasn’t been registered on AT&T.  That means that it cannot be unlocked by the online unlocking portal.  You would have to call AT&T, but that’s unlikely to be successful because there are minimum requirements for unlocking that you probably cant meet.

Your best option is to try and get your money back.

Accepted Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

3 years ago

The phone has 2 IMEIs. One must be blacklisted.  Check the other.

AT&T doesn't sell in China.  So it cannot be a legit sale.  Return it and get your money back 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

3 years ago

That message means it is not registered in AT&T's system. 

Where did you get the phone?  

If the seller is in USA, have them unlock it. 

If the phone is not registered, you won't be able to unlock it, and it may be blacklisted.  Did you check the IMEI for universal Blacklist? 

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Q:Where did you get the phone?  

A:in China Apple Service Center

Q: Did you check the IMEI for universal Blacklist? 

A: Blacklist is clean

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.