AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!
D

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Sep 19, 2020 11:50 PM

Help! “No SIM Card Installed” on iPhone Xs

Without any warning or any kind of issue with my phone, my iPhone Xs no longer has cell service (calling or data), is showing the dreaded four gray dots in the upper right-hand corner, and regularly shows the error message “No SIM Card Installed.” I have tried restarting the phone, and I’ve actually also updated to the new iOS 14 (the error message started prior to my downloading the new iOS). My account is in good standing and the other iPhone on my plan is in good working condition. I’m trying to determine if I need to schedule an appointment at an AT&T store (that’s where I originally purchased and set up the phone) or if I need to go to an Apple store. Any help would be welcome.

Responses

dwill05

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

a month ago

I think the first thing you’d have to do is find out whether it’s a SIM or phone problem.  If you take it to Apple first, they’ll probably ask whether you know your SIM is good.

I’d first remove the SIM and reinsert it to see if that does anything.  If you have another iPhone, them might consider swapping SIMs and see what happens.  That should tell you whether it’s a phone or SIM problem.  If it’s a SIM problem, then take it to AT&T and get a new SIM.  If it’s a phone problem, then go to Apple.

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

a month ago

Thank you! Simply removing the SIM card and reinserting it did the trick!

Get started...

Ask a new question