The new iPhone 15
mm121fl's profile

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

Saturday, December 6th, 2014 5:34 AM

HELP! ATT TRADE IN SCAM! ATT STEALS PHONES

Today went to use the promotional card from trading in an iphone 4s 16gb. 

Just to find out when activating the card that it was only loaded with $38 dollars NOT the $200 agreed upon. 

Upon calling was told the touch screen was non responsive, which is FALSE!! 

Phone was shipped in original box, with an outer box, and was fully functional, as it was in use up until the new iphone 6 arrived and the data was switched over.

Tried calling for a resolution, with no results, was given the run around and switched from department to department.

Trade in Program customer service has no ability to provide resolutions, and can only email some escalation department that there is no way for the customer to contact, nor can the trade in department supervisors contact. and this trade in department has no affilition with att.

PLEASE HELP, have tried multiple phone numbers with no results.  

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello mm121fl,

I replied to your other message too, but the phone number you'll need to call for help with trade-ins is 1-888-445-6005. Or the email address is: support@att.tradein-program.com

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

9 years ago

Solution is supposidly in process haven't recieved correction  via mail yet, so can't mark this as accept solution until that occurs. 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

That phone number is useless. I called and the guy told me I was not the only person ATT was scamming. They are doing it to hundreds intentionally or either it is a mistake on ATT's part because the phones are being keyed in as Other(Non ATT) phones hence the reduced price when they are not. ATT is reducing the price not the third party vendor when ATT issues the credit. Sell on Craigslist. At least you'll get cash instead of ATT credit.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Don't do it unless you want to get cheated. I spent three hours talking to the third party people running the program and Att Premier support. I got 100 dollars for a 200 trade in offer.  This program is outright stealing and fraud. I had a perfect Iphone5 that spent its entire life in an Otterbox. Att has the terms written with a license to steal. At first I was told the code I used had expired and they were only paying 100. When I proved to first rep that premier support had issued a new code for 200 and an email to prove it, I was turned over to a supervisor that said something must have been wrong with phone then. When I asked for a damage report, she couldn't provide one. I explained the the criteria I answered was all correct and their was nothing wrong with phone. When I asked for a return of phone, she said terms are written that phones will not be returned. This supervisor acted like was trained to deny any claims, she was the worse Att customer rep I have ever spoken to. The third party vendor handling collection of phones told me nothing was wrong with my phone. He said that they were getting 1000's of complaints from people and that ATT was simply cheating their customers. I have been a loyal ATT customer for about 14 years but that will end in February. I could have easily gotten 200 CASH or more for that phone on Ebay. All I got was 100 credit that has to be used at ATT. What a scam. Ticket# 389100, if somebody at ATT is willing to do the right thing.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

There is no resolution.   They gave me the same excuse about my phone being broken.  They are liars and cheat people out of their money and phone.   Do not fall for it

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

They stole mine too.  Wish I would have read this before I did it. They gave me the same exact excuse about my phone.   What crooks

• 

1 Message

They stole mine too, sent me $ 60 card vs, $600 credit promised towards upgrade of my line

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Help! I am having the same issue. I keep getting the run around, but no one will help me. I spoke with multiple people, and then someone in the ATT trade in chat told me too bad, it wont change. I took screenshots of the whole conversation. I was also told that I would receive an email to send pictures of the phones before shipped, but never received it. I get wrong numbers to call and broken emails to contact.

I should've stayed with Verizon!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.