Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
The new iPhone 14
kfd33213's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, March 14th, 2015 7:30 AM

hear a clicking sound throughout phone calls

I have heard a clicking sound when I make calls on my new iphone 5s since i got it in january. i thought it was my imagination; the sound has gotten worse. any ideas? i have the ambient sound setting turned off. there shouldn't be anything interfering with phone calls.

the folks i call can also hear it. makes me feel bonkers. i'm about to drop my service if it can't be remedied,

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

I did some checking around for other people having the issue. I have not found a definitive reason this is happening. Some people experiencing the issue say it only happens when the signal strength is low. Other people said that didn't matter but for some reason turning off the noise cancellation fixed the issue.

• 

4 Messages

6 months ago

I have the same issue and it only happens when I call 800 numbers or 611 if I call my partner or anybody else my phone calls are fine so it’s not a phone issue or anything like that it’s a service issue because when I put my SIM card into my pixel five a from my iPhone 12 I got the same thing when I dialed 611 or if I called Apple 

(edited)

• 

1 Message

5 months ago

I hear the noise also when a call my brother in another state. Soon as I hung up I call a friend locally and no clicking sounds. Different type of phone with my brother. I have an iPhone they don't.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.