For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Chrisgoo123's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, December 14th, 2018 1:49 AM

Got my iPhone SE unlocked approval but my SIM still doesn't work

I got approval to get my iPhone se. I backed my phone up and restored it. However my tmobile SIM card still does not work. I have the same problem as the person in this forum

https://forums.att.com/t5/Apple/received-AT-amp-T-unlock-approval-for-iphone-but-still-does-not/td-p/5317691

The only way to resolve this is that it looks like I have to contact ATAT themselves. How does someone do that?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

5 years ago

The other post is slightly misleading.  Att doesn’t lock iPhones in their servers, Apple does.  The unlock email usually says wait 24 hours for Apple to update their servers.  

I suggest you call Apple and ask if the IMEI was ever requested to be unlocked.

If not, bug ATT again.  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Gotcha, thanks!

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

5 years ago

For some of the older phones, with iTunes, you need to backup, ERASE and restore. Then you should get the phone is unlocked message.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I did this, I backed up my iPhone, erased it, and restored on iCloud. I got the congratulations message but my SIM card still does not work. What does this mean?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

5 years ago

Congratulations means unlock is complete.  So what message when you put the T-mobile SIM card?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I don’t get any message. I just have NO SIM where the service bars are suppose to be.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

5 years ago

Sounds like the sim is a dud or installed wrong.  Borrow an active sim, any carrier the SE is universal phone.  If another sim works, it’s not a phone problem. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

No, I don’t think the sim is a dud, it works on another iPhone that’s unlocked.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.