Uniquely for you. Order the new Google Pixel 6, now!
woodywoo's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Oct 28, 2016 6:50 PM

Got my iPhone 7 plus today and its a DUD! What do I do?

A few minutes ago I got my iPhone 7 plus 128 gb Gold. I turned the phone on and swiped a few times on the welcome screen. On the set up wifi section the screen suddenly becomes hazy and blurry and fades into black (dead). The phone will not turn on at all after this. I noticed that the battery was almost fully charged. Why me? What do I do? Im home alone with no phone so I cant call ATAT right now. Im worried that my phone will be replaced with a refurbished phone ( I heard thats what they do ). I literally got this phone minutes ago and it just dies! Can anyone give me some advice?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 y ago

Woodywoo,

I am so sorry that this is happening to you. All Apple products carry a full year warranty that is serviced by Apple. Apple will deffinately help you with this phone! Is there an Apple store near you? If so please go for assistance.

I know you said you can't call Apple. If there's no store nearby you can conveniently go online to Apple.com and use the link https://getsupport.apple.com/ to arrange a call from Apple.

In my experience the call is almost immediate.

If there is not an Apple store near you do not despair! In many regions they have affiliate stores which are able to do the replacement. And yes. to answer your question: you have a brand new Apple iPhone with a deffect? You're getting a new phone from Apple.

One thing to check before you go; is the software out of date? I know it's a new phone you just got but Apple just released a new iOS. It is possible that the software being slightly out of date can cause that error.

Barring that fixing the issue I'd schedule a trip or call from Apple.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 y ago

Thank you for the information! After spending all day with both ATAT and Apple, ATAT is sending me a new phone. I dont know how long that will take. After 2 hours with Apple they declared my iPhone dead. We did all kinds of troubleshooting with no luck. Im still very shocked and disappointed. I literally turned on the phone and in less than 30 seconds the phone dies.  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 y ago

I got my tracking #. I get my phone Monday. I feel better.

David606

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

5 y ago

Within the 14 day exchange period, you'll get a brand new phone. Outside of that period, it's all warranty through Apple directly.

Be aware Apple won't ever give you a new replacement phone either. They replace with reconditioned, certified like-new phones themselves.

GeekBoy

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

5 y ago

One thing to consider with Apple.  When they replace a device with a refurbished one, you will never be left out in the cold like some other places may do to you. With Apple, and device replaced with a refurbished device will give you the remaining warranty on the original device with the refurbished replacement device, so your 30 second old device would be replace with a refurbished device, that would have a 1 year warranty, not just a 90 day warranty like a newly purchased refurbished device.  The other thing that is really nice from Apple is that if the original device has less than 90 days left on it's original warranty, and they replace it with a refurbished device, then the replacement will get the full 90 days warranty coverage of the refurbished device, not just the remaining time on the original device warranty.  My wife had her iPhone 6 replaced just 2 weeks before the AppleCare+ expired, so her replacement iPhone 6 is still inder teh 90 day warranty from the refurbished replacement, even though her original AppleCare+ cpverage expired over a month ago.

David606

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

5 y ago

Warranty carries over during the AT&T exchange program as well. Full year from date of purchase.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.