10 Messages

Thursday, May 28th, 2020 3:17 AM

Got a Unlock Confirm ! But still not working,

Hi all,

I got the email about unlcok confirmation. I followed the instruction which is

1) Back up iphone

2)Erase iphone

3) restore iphone

But still I can not use the SIM I want..

Any advice? o

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

4 years ago

You didn't say which iPhone you had?

and which carrier you were trying to use it on?

Unlocking a phone will only allow it to work on a compatible carrier and not all phones are Universal

• 

10 Messages

@lizdance40 Hi! Thanks! I am using AT&T iphone 11 now. And I am trying to move to the one of the carrier form Korea.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

Thanks for the clarification, sorry it took too long to get back to you I was mowing my lawn. The iPhone 11 is a universal phone it should work on your carrier.
Has it been 24 hours since receiving confirmation of unlock? It can take some time for Apple to update their servers.
If after 48 Hours you still cannot use the phone, still not unlocked, call Apple and verify that the phone has had a request from AT&T to unlock. If they have not unlocked it and have not received a request than AT&T messed up.

Is AT&T never requested the unlock, the easiest thing to do is again request unlock through the portal.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

10 Messages

Thanks! iphone is still locked, so I will try to contact Apple this time. Because I don't know why but Unlock portal is not working for me. It always said "Your unlock request was denied because the IMEI number doesn't match a device ".

I am trying to unlock at Korea, and do you think it is not working because I am not in the ATT network?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

I'm puzzled, your first post said your unlock was approved?  Now it's not?

If the IMEI is not registered on AT&T, AT&T can't unlock the phone.

Please unconfuzzle me? 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

10 Messages

Yeah. I got the confirm email about unlock from AT&T Customer Care Team.

Since the unlock portal is not working for me, I contacted AT&T by calling at first. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.