Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
S

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, September 5th, 2023 10:59 PM

Free upgrade question

I can currently trade in my iPhone 12 Pro to get the iPhone 14 pro for free … does anyone know if this free trade in will apply to the iPhone 15 pro when it comes out?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

9 months ago

First of all, you can't get an iPhone 14 for free, what you get is $700 in credits toward an iPhone 14. Since the iPhone 14 costs more than that, it's not free. And it's with bill credits over 36 months. 

Since the pre-orders for the 15 come out , your best financial option is to wait pre-order the 15 and trade in your 12. For that. You probably will get a $1,000 trade-in value. I recommend that you do your purchase and trade in in a store. Not by mail.

And again, this is credits over 36 months. They don't just hand you a new phone in exchange for $1,000 off your old phone. At least not through any service provider. And the phone will be carrier locked for 36 months

• 

4 Messages

9 months ago

@formerlyknownas hello! Thank you for your reply :)

I was told that I would get the iPhone 14 pro for $0.00 a month by both someone in store (company story) and by a live rep on the phone the following day. By both parties I was told the same info - “the $1k trade in value wouldn’t show up immediately so I would pay a monthly installment on the 1st and 2nd monthly Bill. The bill credits will come though on 3rd cycle”

I’m also seeing this “free upgrade” as an option on my line on the AT&T website. Where is the miscommunication?

ACE - Master

• 

10.6K Messages

9 months ago

@formerlyknownas  The current trade offer page shows the 12 Pro as eligible for the $1000 tier.

https://tradein.att.com/offer-details

@Sashazeitz  There will likely be a similar promo when the 15 comes out.  However, they may change the minimum phone to make the tier. Right now, the 12 Pro is the minimum iPhone for the $1000 credit.  When the 15 comes out, that may change to the 13 being the minimum for the higher tier, and your 12 Pro may only be eligible for the $700 credit.  That’s a chance you take.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

9 months ago

It was $700 last week.  Not bad.  But I wouldn't buy a 24 this week 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

9 months ago

@Sashazeitz 

Again, it's not free.  It's "free" with 36 bill credits.  Read the promo.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.