Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
AZRita's profile

2 Messages

Saturday, April 6th, 2024 10:23 PM

"Free Phone" sent when I called about adding International Service

I called ATT on 9/27/23 to add int'l service to my acct of 3 lines. The very pushy sales person said he can lower my monthly bill and send me a free phone - stating who doesn't want a free phone! I told him repeatedly that we only have 3 users and only need 3 phones - I did not want the phone. He sent the phone to me anyway - it arrived while we were out-of-the country. I have been ill for several months and I am now just trying to resolve some issues that came up while I have been sick. The loyalty dept told me today I cannot return the phone even though it is still in the sealed box - never used! I am a 21 year customer of ATT and after 2.5 hours on the phone with the Loyalty dept rep - she could not help me even though I told her I would leave ATT...it did not matter. They would not take back the phone. So ATT is willing to lose a 21 year, loyal customer over a $400 phone? Can anyone help me resolve this matter? I just want to return the unused phone and eliminate the 4th line of service I do not need and cannot use. 

Accepted Solution

ACE - Master

• 

10.6K Messages

1 month ago

All you can do at this point is to file a BBB complaint to get it escaped to upper management, who will contact you.  Regular customer service very likely isn’t going to be able to resolve this.

You had 14 days to return the phone, and by your admission it’s been several months.  Regardless of your reason, regular CS isn’t going to be able to override that.

2 Messages

1 month ago

Thank you. Yes, I have been reading about many issues customers have with ATT. I have already filed a complaint with BBB. I'll see where that leads. It is absurd to me that they will allow a paying customer with an excellent, 21 year history go over a $400 phone. Lesson learned. My loyalty to this company (and other companies, I am sure) means nothing in today's business world. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.