AT&T Community Forums
matiasfeldman's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Jan 26, 2015 2:55 PM

Found an iPhone want to return it back to it's original owner

Hello World!

My name is Matias [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.].

Recently a friend of mine found and iPhone 5c in a cab in Argentina.

Phone is iCloud activated, and there was no "lost message" on it.

Checked at iphoneime.info

And appears to be an ATT iphone.

I would like to know if ATT could reach the original owner with the IMEI number and let him know I have his phone and I'm trying to get it back to him. I DO NOT WANT ANY KIND OF INFORMATION ABOUT THE OWNER.

Just want ATT to contact him and let him know my email adress or something so we can get in touch and send him back his phone.

Thanks, Matias.

Responses

ATTMobilityCare

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

6 y ago

Hello! @matiasfeldman  thanks for reaching out to us about the phone you found. That’s very kind of you!

If you are seeing a cellular number on the phone when you go to settings>phone>about, please send me a Private Message with the phone number and if you’re able to either drop it off or mail it to a company store location and the name and address of that location, we can contact the customer with the location of the store. If there is no cellular phone number, any company store location will be happy to look up the customer based on the IMEI and contact the customer.  If  you need to locate a company store please go to Store Locator Tool

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Charise

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

Busternutt

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

6 y ago

Matias, let me save you some time.......there are no ATT stores in Argentina.

Try calling a couple of the "contacts", explain the situation, and ask them to contact the owner to put them in contact with you.

"Customers helping customers; not always successfully"
deenalove08

Guru

• 

901 Messages

6 y ago

I would say contact Apple.  Or like the person before me, if it isn't locked and is still active, call some of the numbers and see if they can help you find the owner.

Get started...

Ask a new question