Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
ravioliravioli's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Jun 30, 2018 5:20 AM

First Time Att Customer IPhone X won’t receive calls or access data

I purchased an IPhone X today at Best Buy Mobile and signed up with AT&T. I was told that it would take a couple hours for my service to fully transfer but not any longer. On my old phone I receive calls and texts and use data. On my new phone (my service was transferred from another carrier) I can call out and send texts. I cannot use data. I called at&t support center, spent a while trying to resolve this only to be hung up on after being put on hold and having the answering system tell me that the call center was now closed when I called back right after. I have tried turning off the data on my phone, shutting it off, both of those together, turning the data on and off on the new phone and restarting, toggling the WiFi on and off, checking for a profile, along with several other things. Not looking good since my first day as an AT&T customer isn’t going great. Would like to fix this ASAP 

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

89.4K Messages

3 y ago

Sounds like port didn’t complete.  Port usually requires you turn off your old phone to complete.  You should have been instructed to turn off old phone and leave it off.

Don’t know if it’s messed up or not.  Call at 8 and ask for help number porting, or go to an ATT store.  

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.