The new iPhone 15
M

• 

2 Messages

Friday, November 27th, 2020 6:11 PM

Factory reset

I received my new iPHONE SE two days ago but was unable to complete the transfer of data from my old phone.  After watching it spin for four or five hours, I finally shut the phone off and walked away.  How do I do a factory reset?  Will I be harming the phone in any way?  Will it still recognize who I am?  Is the SIM card altered in any way?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

Go to settings/general/reset, select “erase all content and settings. No, it won’t harm the phone. It just sets it back to how it was when you got it. No, it won’t recognize you until you sign in with your Apple ID. How are you doing the transfer? Are you trying the direct phone to phone transfer? If so, just do a backup of the old phone and use that backup to restore to the new phone. That’s how I’ve always transferred data and never a problem. That’s presuming your old phone is an iPhone too.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for your advice.  In less than two hours I successfully transferred the data from the old iPhone phone to the new one.  However, I still couldn't activate the phone without help from an ATT employee who required that I provide both an EID  and an IMEI number.  What exactly went wrong is a mystery but I'm happy to report I'm finally up and running.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.